Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Addictive Personalities  (Read 5478 times)

Offline Madison

• Cub
    • View Profile
Addictive Personalities
« on: March 25, 2008, 08:11:33 AM »
One other thing I wanted to quickly mention here is addictive personalities and if anybody can help me out on this I'd appreciate it very much..

The reason I believe certain people do have these types of personalities is due to my immediate family. My mother and father have both had and still to this day have various addictions to things and throughout my life I've been very much the same but my brother is the complete opposite and has no problems with addictions whatsoever. So if anyone would like to comment and explain as best as possible as to why they think I have taken on my parents traits but my brother hasn't that would be great. Sorry to go off topic here, I'm just really interested in peoples thoughts re this. Thanks  :)
Fear. Courage. Freedom

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
Re: Addictive Personalities
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 07:08:37 PM »
Madison, I have a lot of experience in this area, and numerous peers that work in the public health industry.... stay tuned  ;)
"Be true to your biology"

Offline Madison

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2008, 12:14:23 AM »
Cheers Matt.. I'll keep checking in for any updates  :)
Fear. Courage. Freedom

Offline nick

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 09:40:04 PM »
Addictive personality it's a broad topic but can be summed up in short by saying when we are addicted to something we have an phisical addiction coupled with a mental obbsession. Usually if we stop using the thing we are phisically addicted to we look for something else to replace it and swap the witch for the bitch so to speak. It helps me to remember i am the observer of my thoughts. I am not my thoughts. :)

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 08:20:43 AM »
i am the observer of my thoughts. I am not my thoughts.

I like that, a lot.  Thanks for sharing.
"Be true to your biology"

Offline Madison

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 03:43:13 AM »
Thanks Nick, what you've written makes a lot of sense.

The human psyche is so often a complex thing that it intrigues me to find answers so thanks for your comments..  :)
Fear. Courage. Freedom