Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: selfish post  (Read 3846 times)

Offline Davis

• Cub
    • View Profile
selfish post
« on: January 02, 2012, 12:05:19 PM »
I am a male in my twenties. I have had a battle with weight my whole life. I have put on a lot of weight and have lost a lot of weight throughout my life. However, I now face my heaviest weight I have ever been. I have done my research on this diet and I am starting! I have joined a gym and am ready to make a change. I am posting this thread selfishly so I have to be accountable. I want to have somewhere where I post my results to a crowd who knows what I am going through. So here it is. Any advice is highly wanted as I will need some help. I don't have a weight goal I just want to be healthy and feel better, and at my current weight I am not there. So.....

Weight-290

Here we go!

Offline nikkob

• Cub
    • View Profile
Re: selfish post
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 04:57:12 AM »
Hello Davis

Good luck to you with your efforts, as you are just starting this, it might be an idea to start a (free) account with a website like FITDAY where you can enter your starting weight, measurements and daily food intake so you can track your progress.

Also, can I recommend to also have a look at Marks Daily Apple website as it has great success stories and a very busy forum - I think you will get great inspiration from this website.

Good luck with it, and keep the faith

best wishes,
Nick

Offline Trini

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 11:14:48 AM »
 :)  Hi Davis,

I also joined a gym in August. Since that is going well and I really enjoy it, now I feel ready to try and lose some weight. Hoping this website/diet will help.   My advice...if you regress in any way, don't feel bad just get started again.  A small set back will not ruin everything.
Many blessings!

Offline Davis

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 02:45:31 PM »
Okay first week check in. I found on the week days that following the guidelines are really easy and I love it! Weekends got rougher. I find myself thinking about food and my stomach starts feeling more and more empty. I am feeling a lot healthier and can feel the detox happening!

So a brief explanation about my last post. The 290 was a doctors visit with clothes on. I weighed myself today with just underwear and shorts and I am at 275. Still some impressive weight loss has happened! I am loving this lifestyle.

Thanks for all the kind words!

Offline Ronnie88

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 03:10:55 PM »
well done, thats fantastic

Offline Trini

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 06:57:22 AM »
 :)  That's terrific...stay with it.
Many blessings!

Offline Trini

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 07:22:30 AM »
I thought of one more thing...are you drinking enough water?  Sometimes cravings come because we are thirsty but the signal is telling us we're hungry.  Regular glasses of water throughout the day may help.
Many blessings!

Offline Davis

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 05:25:22 PM »
Time for week 2 check in.  I have officially been on this new lifestyle and I have to say that I am loving it!  There are times that it is really challenging but I feel so much better.  Before starting I was sick a lot!  I was constantly feeling ill and just not right.  I havent had any of those feelings since I started.  I notice that I get full a lot quicker. 

There are definitely times when I indulged on one thing or the other, but I have been fairly good at keeping with it.  Weekends are still hard when I am just at home and not having to work and keep busy.  Starting tomorrow I am going to try to move onto stage 1.5.  I am not really ready for stage 2 but I am ready to make a change to what I am doing.

Well I weighed myself and I lost three pounds.  Not the same drastic change, but still I will take three pounds! Most importantly I feel a lot better!

Week 2: 272 Pounds

Offline kenney

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2012, 08:18:56 AM »
well at least the scale is going down and not up!! :)