Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: New here, one question  (Read 2087 times)

Offline Beeks

• Cub
    • View Profile
New here, one question
« on: November 01, 2011, 07:42:26 AM »
Hey I found this diet/way of life through a friend and I think it all makes a lot of sense except phase two. I work out and have done fitness/figure shows, but in all my years training and dieting for shows ect I've always been told you have to eat to keep your metabolism going and eat more often to speed it up, so if I start on phase two will my metabolism slow down? Thanks for your help with this : )

Offline Tony Bondioli

• Tribal Moderator
  • Warrior
  • Be strong in spirit & equal to our Fathers of old.
    • View Profile
Re: New here, one question
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 10:41:15 AM »
Although a very popular misconception amongst many of today's conventional training circles, it is not true that one's metabolism (or in this case, fat burning mechanism) will slow down appreciably within a few hours of not having eaten.  If you're worried about it, though, feel free to eat a handful of nuts or berries, a piece of beef jerkey, etc., at some point during the day, and be sure to remain adequately hydrated.  Remember, though, that the body also benefits from allowing the digestive system to rest, which is one reason that intermittent fasting can so greatly improve health.

Oh, and welcome  8)
RN, B.Sc. Health Promotion and Wellness. Public Health Nurse serving a Great Lakes Native American tribe. Husband and father. Lousy at cards, but with a fair singing voice. Good to have around when the excrement hits the rotating cooling apparatus.

"I worshipped dead men for their strength, forgetting I was strong."  (Vita Sackville-West)

“I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with the potential of a superman. I'm living on.”  (David Bowie)

"Man fears the beast within the wolf, because he does not understand the beast within himself."  (Turtle Island Alphabet)

"Seek not only to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek the things they sought."  (Basho)

"[Primal man] is of the soil... he fits into the landscape, for the hand that fashioned the continent also fashioned the man for his surroundings."  (paraphrasing Luther Standing Bear)

Offline Beeks

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 11:34:45 AM »
Thanks Tony, I did some research on that and found what your saying to be true!! I just need to retrain my brain and eating habits all together.  I'm excited about this journey I'm about to take and I love how supportive everyone is, I'm so happy to be a part of this!

Offline henke1967

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 10:33:54 PM »
Hi Beeks

I'm only on day 4 of stage 1 and finding it very easy to be honest.

Good luck

Offline doghug

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2011, 01:19:59 PM »
hi all,
         Im going to start this tomorrow :) I cant wait  ;D