Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: ME CAVE MAN NOW  (Read 2171 times)

Offline Clifton

• Cub
    • View Profile
ME CAVE MAN NOW
« on: October 14, 2011, 10:31:16 AM »
Hello fellow Cavemen and Women!
I am currently 6 days into the power diet and I just wanted to share my results.

A bit about myself first, I have always, always been a good 20-30lbs over what I should’ve have been as long as I can remember. It wasn’t till recently that I started experiencing severe reactions to any quantity of carbs and sugars. I would almost pass out from eating even a small meal. In the past 8-10 months I’ve shot up from 185 to over 200 lbs! I went on vacation to a beach resort and naturally… I ate a ton of very, very BAD food. I stayed sick feeling and sluggish the whole time I was there. When I got back, that’s when I started researching diets and I stumbled across this website. After many hrs of research, I’ve concluded that sugar is the DEVIL! At least the fructose variety anyway… I started the diet on a Sunday afternoon, it’s now Friday and I have a NEW lease on life. I’m incredibly motivated and excited for the future. I’m 27, set in a career; about to build a house and a family with my wife…it’s either now or never! I’m keeping a daily log of weight, body-fat%, and true fat loss…  below are my results of my first week and exactly how and what I did on CAVEMAN POWER!

Typical daily food routine…
-   Large glass of water slammed first thing upon waking and throughout the day, helps very much to keep you full as well as flush your system
-   Very light grazing on energy blend trail mix… maybe two handfuls a day, maybe…. 
-   Dinner consists of a large portion of white meat (tilapia, chicken breast, etc…) two pieces of fresh vegetables, normally tomatoes and squash (used olive oil and salt free seasoning). Perhaps twice this week I’ve had a serving of low sugar fruit.
-   That’s it… no more and no less
-   In case you’re wondering, you will get a bastard of a headache… it’s just your body converting over from running on sugar and simple carbs to using fat stores as the primary energy source.

Exercise –
I’ve gone for a brisk walk two times on a 1.25 mile track near by the office for my lunch break and have done a single light jog of about a mile. I plan on incorporating weight lifting this weekend; I wanted to let my body adjust to the new cal intake before anything heavy.   

As for the numbers…

That is 7.3 lbs of weight and 4.3 lbs of actual fat loss in 5 days….
I expect the trend to slow down a bit as I delve further into the cave, but I am highly impressed with the results so far.

I will write in again soon and I’ll post some before and after pics…
Also, I saw Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead – it will have a profound effect on you… it was my catalyst

Thanks all, and keep fighting the good fight

Offline Clifton

• Cub
    • View Profile
Re: ME CAVE MAN NOW
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 10:35:40 AM »
Sorry folks...

here are the numbers

Sunday        10-9-11  202.0 lbs   - 27.5% fat
Monday     10-10-11  201.5 lbs   - 27.0% fat
Tues         10-11-11  196.5 lbs   - 27.0% fat
Wed          10-12-11  196.4 lbs   - 26.5% fat
Thurs       10-13-11  195.2 lbs   - 26.2% fat
Fri            10-14-11  194.2 lbs   - 25.8% fat

Caveman Power...

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 08:19:58 PM »
I watched that documentary just the other day. It was very informative and shows just how well fasting can help boost weight loss. Though the thing it forgot to point out was that fasting for long period of time (say months or years) can be unhealthy. It was very entertaining none-the-less
"In War, Victory. in Peace, Vigilance. in Death, Sacrifice"

"When you take civilization away from man you don't have man without civilization, you have an entirely different animal" -Simon Clark's "Blood Crazy"

"Time is the king of men, he's both their parent, and he is their
     grave, and he gives them what he will, not what they crave."
     Pericles, Act II. sc.3. William Shakespeare

"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."  Hamlet,
     Act IV. Sc. 5. William Shakespeare

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 02:14:34 PM »
Supersize me is a good doc too...
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390521/

PS Clifton, fasting is great but don't forget to feast. You still need your calories to live, I don't think I could live on chicken breasts and salad. I didn't see any red meat on your lists, cavemen ate lots of fatty red meat.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 02:16:59 PM by houmax »
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln