Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: The Lunch Box Challenge  (Read 3044 times)

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
The Lunch Box Challenge
« on: March 17, 2008, 10:13:52 PM »
In this event at the CI World Congress, 12 children were asked to choose the contents of their lunch box from a range of healthy and unhealthy options.

The results speak for themselves.

You can visit the Consumer International website here: http://www.consumersinternational.org/
"Be true to your biology"

Offline Phanatic

• Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: The Lunch Box Challenge
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 10:31:36 PM »
That was a lot more food than I ever got as a kid, although of a similiar quality.
As a kid I got sandwiches (white bread) with not much nutrition in them, usually marmite, jam, peanut butter, something like that. Muesli bars, sugary yoghurts, sugary cordial.
In primitive societies, they give pregnant mothers and children especially nutrient dense foods. We tend to do the opposite.

Offline Seeker

• Scout
    • View Profile
Re: The Lunch Box Challenge
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 05:08:07 AM »
Wow Matt! That video was sort of disturbing. Even the children who made healthy food choices picked up as much or even more food then I eat for lunch as an 80kg adult man. It's abundantly clear that quantity not just quality of food is playing a major part in this obesity problem. I mean, I already knew this was the case, but that video highlighted it much clearly then could be shown just through written words.