Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: New Lifestyle.... Needing a huge weight lose!  (Read 85470 times)

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: New Lifestyle.... Needing a huge weight lose!
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2012, 01:19:37 AM »
Doesn't sound bad at all, sounds smart. Too much fruit makes it hard to lose weight.

Another also, I cut my three fruits a day down to one fruit a day.  I know it sounds bad but not really.  I use to eat a banana at 10, apple at 12, and pineapple at 3.  So now I only eat a mixed bowl of fruit at 12:30.  I am still grazing on almonds but I limit them to about 30 throughout the day.  Its working for me and I still feel great and have a lot of energy.  I am also drinking a little more than a gallon a day.
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2012, 10:30:01 AM »
Hey Houmax,
Thanks, but I had a bad weekend! :o( I gained a pound, but I have already lost the pound Monday.  So I am not going to be to hard on myself you know.  How much weight have you lost and in what time frame?

Begin Weight: 308
Current Weight: 295
Goal Weight:140

Thanks
Scorpio

Offline Jana

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2012, 11:58:54 AM »
Hi

Perhaps it was just water you gained. I don't have that much weight to loose, I'm 160 and I can't afford to go below 140 because I'm 5 10. All together I've lost 2 lbs, so you are doing excellent. Those 2 lbs must have been the excess water because I fell and look less spongy. With the lbs you've lost it must have been some adipose tissue, not just water.

Not going hard on yourself is a good idea. I also accepted this philosophy because I want to be on this diet permanently not just until I'm too hungry not to eat anything I can find. Currently I have work to do where I have to stay focused and I've decided to eat twice daily. If I eat in the morning I can make it through the day without problems. Usually I kick in a daily exercise too. I eat eggs with bacon and vegetables in the morning and then I have a paleo feast in the evening with a fruit or berries for a desert. If it's a long and hard day I have a fist of nuts sometimes around 2 PM. Stage 2 will just have to wait, at least until I can afford to relax a little, if I'll ever try it at all. Depends on how the weight loss progresses.

I don't know how it's with you, because you are much more strict with the phase 1 of the diet, but I've noticed that I need less food to feel not-hungry and maintain the same physical activity level without feeling dizzy. Today I fed myself and my sister with the amount of food I'd have just for myself just a week ago.

Take care,
Jana
Cavewoman since March 8 2012.

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2012, 12:11:50 PM »
Hey Houmax,
Thanks, but I had a bad weekend! :o( I gained a pound, but I have already lost the pound Monday.  So I am not going to be to hard on myself you know.  How much weight have you lost and in what time frame?

I started at 190 and was 156 in 5 months...
http://www.cavemanpower.com/forum/new_caveman-t514.0.html

...I'm 150 now and been Paleo for about 2.5 years. You might do better weighing yourself once a week and make adjustments based on those results.

Looks like you had a few stop/starts but if I'm reading it right you've lost 10 pounds in about one month. That's great results, just keep that up and you could drop almost 100 pounds by New Years.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 12:18:42 PM by houmax »
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2012, 03:42:16 AM »
I'm stage 3 guy but have been doing stage 2 for 2 weeks now and I notice just in that short time there's no way I can eat the volume of food I was eating 3 weeks ago.

The body is great at adjusting to conditions of change.
http://www.fasting.ws/juice-fasting/fasting-questions/fasting-shrink-stomach

Today I fed myself and my sister with the amount of food I'd have just for myself just a week ago.

Take care,
Jana

Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 29, 2012, 07:41:32 AM »
@Jana: I am strict on myself during the week, the weekend is my problem.  The reason is I am at home and bored, so I turn to food and tv.  But now that it is summer, I am starting to get outside more.  I am helping my son with baseball and going on walks with my daughter and son.  My feast meal is unhealthy and I know it.  I have started looking into how to change it, I have started planning for phase 2.  I think phase 2 will be the big weight lose I am wanting.  Right now I am working towards my 50 pound goal, trying to make it but I focus on one day at a time.

@houmax: You had some great results.  I have actually lost 12 pounds in about 2.5 weeks. I have lost about 15 inches throughout my whole body.  My mom is going to be opening the pool soon so that will be a great help.  I am going to buy a swimming suit this year, that way I can swim better.  It hard to swim in a tee shirt and shorts, but that might help with losing weight.

@jana and houmax:  Thanks for always listening and writing me, You two help me more than you know.

Begin Weight: 305-Started again on 3/12/12
Current Weight: 293

Offline Pad

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2012, 08:06:48 AM »
I'm just new to the forum, but congratulations Scorpio - you've obviously put in the effort, ;D

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 02, 2012, 09:04:18 AM »
Hey Pad,
Thanks, I put a lot of effort into this lifestyle.  The only day that hurts me is Sunday, because I am home and bored.  Plus, my husband is cooking breakfast and lunch for him and the kids.  So that part is hard, but getting easier every weekend.  I hope that you have a lot of success in this lifestyle too.  I will admit, I feel wonderful!!

Thanks
Scorpio

Offline Pad

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 02, 2012, 02:24:50 PM »
Could you not do a family activity on a sunday? that way, you will be out of the house, and get to spend some time interacting with each other (away from temptation)?

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2012, 09:00:05 AM »
Hey Pad,
We actually remodeled our house over the weekend.  So this weekend was easy to not run to food.  I have started Phase two today and it is 12:00 pm.  So far so good, not hungry yet.  I have just been drinking water.

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2012, 09:10:07 AM »
TODAY IS THE DAY!!!  I have started phase 2 this morning!!  I am excited but very nervous.  I will let everyone know how it went in the morning.

Current Weight: 293

;D

Offline Pad

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 09, 2012, 09:17:02 AM »
Great stuff Scorpio - I actually started stage 2 today also......I'm at about 5pm and haven't ate a thing....don't feel hungry thanks to Mr. Water  ;D

Offline Goldust

• Cub
    • View Profile
Cave Man and the Road Warrior
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2012, 01:01:27 PM »
Thank you, Scorpio, for your honesty over the past eight months.  I just read your entire thread.  I started the cave man a week ago and have lost 8 lbs.  Any advice from anyone out there on traveling and eating on this diet?  I travel frequently and am in hotels about 110 nights a year.   Thanks.

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2012, 09:49:50 AM »
Hey Everyone!!!!
Phase 2 is not as bad as I thought it would be.  It is actually pretty easy, I guess it boils down to determination.  I feel great and that is still a plus.  Last night, I had fish and a side salad.  I was surprised at how full I was so fast. 

@Goldust: My advice for traveling would be to repeatly say to yourself: No bread, No sugar and No Salt.  I say this a lot throughout the day and of course when I am fixing my plate.  Also sugar free gum is a most, this gives your mouth something to do (thanks houmax for this advice).  Drink a lot of water, I drink about 150 ounces a day.  I read on one website to take your body weight and divid it in half and that is how much water you should drink without exercise.  I think traveling and not traveling are about the same, you just have to know that you want this more than anything, and always look at your mini goal and big goal.

@Pad: How did your first day on phase 2 go?

Offline Pad

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2012, 02:21:46 PM »
Yip Scorpio, it is most certainly easier than expected at stage 2. I think so long as you put yourself in the mindset that you don't need to eat during the day, then you don't want to - if you feel a bit hungry, then just chug on some nice cold water....easy as pie!

I am doing fine thanks, first day was really good - think I drank almost my body weight in water  ;D but then again, I was doing some weight training. Had  some lean chicken breasts and broccoli for my feast and that was it.

Day 2 has been ok, didnt get a lot of water as the cooler at work was broke, but stuck to the one feast later on - some nice lean steak (although i did add some salt and pepper) along with some broccolli, carrot and mushroom........still finding it hard to believe that it has been almost 2 weeks since i had a slice of bread or a mouthful of pasta....amazing.

According to the scales, I have lost about 12 pounds - but I genuinely cannot see it - nor do I really feel it, but I certainly feel much healthier.

How are you finding this stage?

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 10, 2012, 06:40:56 PM »
Pad, I actually like this stage a little bit better, because I have stopped thinking about food so much.  Now I have all day to plan my feast.  I was really surprised tonight that I chose a grilled chicken salad over pizza.  My husband and son was surprised too, but I keep telling myself "you don't really want that do you?"  It helped a lot and I am so happy that I stuck to my new lifestyle tonight.  I have not had a DR. PEPPER in two days!!! I am so proud of myself!!!  I also have not had bread, pasta, anything sugar or salt.  Salt is not a problem because I hate salt. 

Congrats on your success and please update me, I love hearing success on this lifestyle.  It helps me too!

Thanks
Scorpio

Offline Jana

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2012, 01:43:48 AM »
Now I have all day to plan my feast. 

It's 11.45 AM here and my evening feast is defrosting already  ;D
Cavewoman since March 8 2012.

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2012, 07:24:49 AM »
Hey Everyone,
I am loving phase 2, and I am not hungry!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!  Yesterday, I was thinking that I might put myself in starvation mode, so I looked it up.  On several websites it stated that your body wouldn't go into starvation mode until you were 10% body fat for women and 5% body fat for men.  So it made me feel better about my calorie intake (241-320 calories per day).  That was my only question and everything is great!!  Let me know how you are doing?

Current Weight: 288

Offline Pad

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2012, 01:40:08 AM »
Good to hear you are enjoying stage 2 Scorpio.

I myself have been finding it very useful being on this stage, and think I am almost about breaking my mental addiction with food.

Yesterday, I was going to attempt fasting, just so that I could tell myself that food isn't the be all and end all of each day - well, I lasted about 9pm and ended up having a very small portion of lasagne which someone had left out  :-[ ........but, the good thing was I felt kind of unwell after I ate it, so I think my body is now getting used to figuring out what is technically bad for itself.....

So, just going to try and make my feast portions slightly smaller each day until it is an adequate size.

Paul.

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2012, 09:35:24 AM »
Hey Pad,
I am with you on not feeling good after eating something not on this diet.  I thought you were on stage two of the diet, or are you mixing the two stages together?

Current Weight: 287

Offline Pad

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2012, 02:37:52 PM »
Nah, on stage 2 only - just succumbed to a bit of temptation  :-\

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2012, 07:19:57 AM »
Hey Everyone,
I am feeling so great and proud of myself.  I love phase two of this lifestyle.  I am starting to feel better about myself. I have also noticed that I have started looking at what everyone else is eating and saying "why".  I don't say anything out loud, but I don't know why anyone would live on that much sugar.  So last Friday my husband poured me some Dr Pepper to have with supper.  I drank one sip and throw it in the sink, it tasted horrible.  I never thought that would happen, my husband laughed at the way I was acting.  I drank probably 6 ounces of water trying to get the taste out of my mouth.  It didn't taste as good as it would have 2 weeks ago I guess.  Well I will update you later.

Current Weight: 285

@Pad, don't worry you are doing great!!

Offline Pad

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2012, 10:16:39 AM »
You're doing great Scorpio - keep it up!

Also, you are doing exceptionally well in your weight loss ;D

I've been a naughty boy over the weekend, so better get back to stage 2 immediately. Felt a wee bit down at the weekend to be honest, looked at the scales and hadn't lost any weight in like 4 days - plus i genuinely cannot see any difference in my body shape (although my trousers do feel slightly less tight). Think I'm being far too optimistic and need to get a reality check that it will take a couple of months to shed the unwanted weight I'd like to shed.

Offline MrChris

• Hunter
  • Stupid is as stupid does... -Forest Gump-
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2012, 11:39:00 AM »
Scorpio, that's an interesting story.  I'm glad you're enjoying your new eating habits and it looks like you're losing a fair amount of weight already, congrats, that's awesome!! ;)  Keep it up and let us know how it's going for you!  All of the stories here are inspiring and help the rest of us...

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2012, 11:10:07 AM »
Thanks MrChris, this website helps me a lot....  I talked about this website a lot to family, friends and strangers.... I think it is great!!

@Pad:  don't worry about it.  I can't see the weight loss either.  I think I look the same and everyone says they can see it.  I can feel it, lol

I am doing good, I gained 1.5 pounds on Wednesday and Thursday, but I didn't cheat.  I think it was because I forgot about drinking my water.  I think I only drank half of what I was suppose to. :o(  But this morning I have lost 2 pounds!!! :o)  But I am still having a hard time drinking my water today, I don't really know what is happening.  Any advice?

Begin Weight: 306
Current Weight: 284