Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: New Lifestyle.... Needing a huge weight lose!  (Read 88075 times)

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: New Lifestyle.... Needing a huge weight lose!
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2011, 01:14:21 PM »
Hey Everyone,
I am so so so very sorry that I haven't wrote in awhile.  I am finishing up my last two weeks of college.  I have about 11 papers to write within these two weeks.  After college, this lifestyles is going to be 100% of my effort.  I will admit, I did fall off the wagon about every three day because of stress.  I was trying to stay up late working on papers, and there comes coffee and sodas.

Recent I had to go to the ER because I was having a gallbladder attack.  Gallbladder problems run in my family, so they are going to be removing it probably, will know more Friday.  :(

Since Monday, I have been on the diet and it is really helping the pain with my gallbladder.  Doctor told me it sounded like a good lifestyle.

Begin Weight: 308
Current Weight: 291
Goal Weight:140

Thanks for all the kind words and advice
Scorpio
 ;D

Offline nikkob

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 09, 2011, 11:52:50 PM »
hey Scorpio

Congrats with your weight loss, you are living proof that this lifestyle really does work. I am so looking forward to starting phase two this weekend.

Keep it up, I hope to be making similar posts to you very soon,

Good luck all

Nick

Offline aka_s2h

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2011, 01:31:25 PM »
G'Day Scorpio

Please keep the posts coming. I think I am going to do what you have done and always remind myself of my start weight and my current weight because seeing the difference uplifted me and it was not even my loss. I am like you and need to lose heaps and fell off the wagon and undid all my good work that Paleo gave me.

Thanks ;D

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2011, 07:08:34 AM »
Hey Everyone,
Well I am starting back tomoorrow, I didn't today because I need to go pick up the foods tonight.  I have finally recovered from my surgery and it was a horrible surgery.  I am going to start phase one again in the morning, I have gained some weigh back but I knew it would happen.  So lets start this party again and stay with it strong.  Please let me know your weigh lose progress.

Current Weight: 297

Thanks
Scorpio

Offline nikkob

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2011, 01:51:38 PM »
Hello Scorpio,

Nice to hear from you again, and glad to hear you are on the mend. Best of luck to you with starting up the Caveman lifestyle again, hopefully you will get into the fatburning phase quicker than before as your body has already been used to this way of eating.

I must admit personally I fell of the wagon big time as I work in an office environment I found all the temptations that Xmas brings too hard to resist and went back to old habits. Still, here I am, trawling through all the Paleo websites, getting myself motivated for starting again in the New year. I know that I am going to succeed this time - I just felt sooo good before and want that feeling back again.

Best of British to you Scorpio, please keep posting and hopefully we can keep each other and anyone else motivated by sharing in our experiences.

Happy new year to all
Nick

Offline Ronnie88

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2011, 05:21:27 AM »

Scorpio, Ur doing great,   New beginings for 2012!!!   Keep posting ur progress.

Offline doghug

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2011, 01:29:36 PM »
great job on not giving up  :) Stick to it and don't worry the weight will all come off before you know it  :D

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2012, 08:27:42 AM »
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!!!  My goal this year is to lose 100 pounds, and I already started this morning.  I am going to do this, because I want to feel great!!!  I thought long and hard New Year's Eve, and this was the only goal that kept coming back to me.  So this is my number one goal!!  What is your goals for 2012?

Thanks
Scorpio

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2012, 07:02:29 AM »
Hey Everyone,
I started the lifestyle again this morning.  I am excited and this time I am going to finish what I started.  So here I go and I am excited and prepared, look out!!!!  lol

Current Weight: 304-This makes me sad but determinded!!

My mini goal weight is 258, and I get to buy P90X!!!!!
Second mini goal weight is 208, and I get to buy my blender (Ninja)!!  I am so excited!!

Thanks
Scorpio

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2012, 06:54:50 AM »
GOOD MORNING!!!!  Today is day 2.  I lost 3 pounds yesterday and feeing good about it!!  I am so excited that I want to go run a mile.  I have 47 more pounds to my first goal.  Woo Hoo!!!!

Current Weight: 301

Thanks
Scropio

Offline Jana

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2012, 08:45:43 AM »
Seems I'm the only one gaining weight while on this diet. It's nearly a week and I gained 1 pound. I have a normal weight now but after I become a cave woman I'll need some serious weight loss dieting  ;)
Cavewoman since March 8 2012.

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2012, 08:29:48 PM »
Second mini goal weight is 208, and I get to buy my blender (Ninja)!!  I am so excited!!

Cool, Ninja's are GREAT.

Here's mine...
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2012, 09:16:31 AM »
Hey Everyone!!  I have lost another pound!!!!  I have a great energy level today, I am running about a 100 mph!!!

@houmax: I LOVE YOUR NINJA!!!!! This is my 160 weight lose goal, and new Ninja motorcycle.  My husband thinks I am crazy but he said if I lose 160 pounds I can have whatever I want.  I pick the Ninja!!!

;D

@Jana:  What are you eating throughout the day?  Do you have a schedule?

Current Weight: 300

Thanks
Scorpio

Offline Jana

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2012, 10:43:15 AM »
It's only a week and I had a bit of trouble adjusting at the beginning. I think I might had been to strict to start with, I didn't eat anything cooked for the first three days, frankly I was so out of myself I didn't even think of cooking my beet. I also had quite a lot of nuts and seeds. And fruit.

The things calmed down a bit. The hunger is not maddening anymore. it wasn't even hunger actually, more a mental need to eat. I'd say that it was my metabolism that needed time to adjust not to eat immediately after I woke up, that not having any form of starch, the insulin functioning kicked back in to function normally, not being always on glucose-high levels.

Otherwise I don't have a specific regime. I eat in the morning, fruits usually. Today I had two oranges and a banana. It's around 10 am when I have breakfast. I feel quite energetic since I'm on the diet and I think I also sleep less because of it. This week I was up soon after 4 am, having 5-6 hours of sleep. (my old self hardly woke up after 9 hrs of sleep and I felt exhausted through the rest of the day). Around 10ish in the morning I usually feel the need to eat.
Today I had lunch at 2 pm consisting of steamed peas, cole rape and steamed fresh cabbage. Together with it I ate a small sausage.
I'm starting to feel the hunger again so I plan to eat the vegetables I have left from lunch in half hour or so.

I don't feel the need for the evening pig out therefore I don't do it anymore.

I think I have the hunger slightly more under control, recognizing it for what it is and I don't fell the constant need to eat anymore. Consequently I think I ate less in the past day or two, I'll probably eventually loose some weight. I hope I don't loose too much though.

How much do the rest of you eat? Reading some of the Lilnicki's replies, I eat for three ;)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 01:04:39 PM by Jana »

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2012, 02:07:07 PM »
How much do the rest of you eat? Reading some of the Lilnicki's replies, I eat for three ;)

I'm in stage 3 now so I'm not trying to lose weight right now.

I don't eat breakfast, just water and a cup of coffee.

Lunch is about a 1/3 cup of nuts and seeds and a Big greek salad.

Snack is a piece of fruit and some berries or cherries.

Dinner is like 1/2 a steak and veggies, or a piece of fish and veggies.
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2012, 06:35:29 PM »
@houmax: I LOVE YOUR NINJA!!!!! This is my 160 weight lose goal, and new Ninja motorcycle.  My husband thinks I am crazy but he said if I lose 160 pounds I can have whatever I want.  I pick the Ninja!!!

Thanks, it's my favorite bike.

Have you ridden before?

My Ninja not the best choice for beginners. Mine tops out at 188 mph and will do 0 to 60 in about 2 seconds...
http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/kawasaki/kawasaki_zzr1400%2010.htm

They do make a baby 250cc Ninja, that might not get you into too much trouble...
http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/kawasaki/kawasaki_ninja_250r%20%2008.htm

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 06:43:37 PM by houmax »
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2012, 08:01:35 AM »
Hey Everyone,
I am feeling wonderful and proud of myself!!!!

@jana, this is what I eat because I am on phase one:
Wake Up-16oz of cold water
7:00am-1 cup of coffee (you don't have to do this, but I love coffee)
9:00am-10 almonds-no salt
10:00am-1 medium banana
11:00am-10 almonds-no salt
12:30pm-one small apple
2:00pm-10 almonds-no salt
3:00pm-few pieces of pineapple
5:00pm-10 almonds-no salt
7:00pm-supper-whatever I want! Only a small plate and not over loaded.

@houmaz: I will take either one.  I rode when I was a child.  As an adult I always thought I was too big of a person to ride.  When I lose the weight I don't care I want one!  ;D

Current Weight: 299

Thanks
Scorpio

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2012, 08:11:21 AM »
It's good motivation to reward ourselfs for reaching goals.

Here's what I rewarded myself with when I lost my pot belly...

Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

Offline Jana

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2012, 01:27:37 PM »
Thanks Scorpio. houmax set my nutrition straight a few days ago and the gained weight is already passe, I also brushed of a pound from my previous weight.

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2012, 10:56:20 AM »
Hey Everyone,
I am still hanging in there and it is working out pretty good.  I have started exercising a little.

Current Weight: 298

Congrats Jana, keep us updated!!

Thanks
Scorpio

Offline Jana

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2012, 11:01:58 AM »
Thanks. And a big cheers (with a cup of hand picked herbal tea) for you.

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2012, 05:54:19 AM »
Hey Everyone,
Well yesterday was measuring day.... I am always scared of this day for some reason. BUT I lost a total of 13 inches off my total body!!!!!  I am pretty excited and glad that I am sticking to this lifestyle......  I am looking forward to stage 2 but I am going to hang on to stage 1 for another two weeks..

Thanks
Scorpio

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2012, 06:59:44 AM »
WAY TO GO!!!

No need to rush stage 2. One tip that helps is eat only Paleo foods for your Stage 1 feast for several days before you try stage 2. Will help lessen low carb flu in stage 2.

Hey Everyone,
Well yesterday was measuring day.... I am always scared of this day for some reason. BUT I lost a total of 13 inches off my total body!!!!!  I am pretty excited and glad that I am sticking to this lifestyle......  I am looking forward to stage 2 but I am going to hang on to stage 1 for another two weeks..

Thanks
Scorpio
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2012, 09:09:12 AM »
Hey Everyone,
Well I have to say that I am pretty excited and going strong.  I feel like writing on here every few days helps, because I am staying focused on the goal.  Last, for my feast I tried something different.  I had a grilled chicken salad, and I didn't feel heavy afterwards, like most nights.  I have cut soda out completely.  Monday I am cutting coffee out completely.  I think if I give up something every week before Stage 2 that will make it easier.  I have also started walking (as of last night) 45 minutes while pushing my daughter.  Another also, I cut my three fruits a day down to one fruit a day.  I know it sounds bad but not really.  I use to eat a banana at 10, apple at 12, and pineapple at 3.  So now I only eat a mixed bowl of fruit at 12:30.  I am still grazing on almonds but I limit them to about 30 throughout the day.  Its working for me and I still feel great and have a lot of energy.  I am also drinking a little more than a gallon a day.

Current Weight: 295

Thanks
Scorpio

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2012, 09:12:39 AM »
Congrats..... sounds like you're doing really well...... Just watch out when you give up the caffeine, you'll get a banging headache that could last a few days....... be prepared!!

Nicki