Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: starting this new way of life.  (Read 3068 times)

Offline danyul

• Cub
    • View Profile
starting this new way of life.
« on: September 15, 2011, 03:37:58 AM »
hey guys.
i am a 21 year old male from the uk. i have struggled with weight issues since i was a child, and my friend told me about the caveman diet. i did some research and found this website.
i have only just started, stage 1, day 1.
i am feeling hungry already, but that will be because im use to eating so much even though the day has just begun. this is one diet i am feeling positive about.
i am hoping it works, im looking for a lifestyle change so i get out of this rut.
i don't even know why im creating this post, mainly to say hi. and gain some support when needed :)

Offline cd89

• Cub
    • View Profile
Re: starting this new way of life.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 09:50:15 AM »
Hi and Welcome :)
I found out about this through a link a friend sent me when we were talking about the size of the stomach.
Letting go of carbs is difficult, but I seem to have manage ditching potatoes, although I did have a slice of bread with my spag bol the other day as I've never been keen on pasta, and thats a carb, so that ones easy to ditch.
Just graze on fruit and nuts throughout the day whenever you feel hungry, and drink plenty of water. Water usually fills me up and stops the hunger.

Offline danyul

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 12:35:46 PM »
thankyou for responding :)
 ;D
im not the biggest fan of potatoes, so i can see i will be able to ditch them easily. however i am a huge bread and pasta fan. im sure pasta will be okay giving up, i just may struggle with bread.
however im sure if i stick to it, i will see a positive outcome :)
im excited to see the results.

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 12:56:54 PM »
however i am a huge bread and pasta fan. im sure pasta will be okay giving up, i just may struggle with bread.
however im sure if i stick to it, i will see a positive outcome :)
im excited to see the results.

Easy, just don't keep that bread/cracker crap in the house and when eating out make a game of finding dishes that are Paleo(not that hard).
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline danyul

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 01:16:01 PM »
thankyou for responding.
im sure i can crack this. ive tried most diets, but they just didnt suit me.

just a little update on day 1. ive crazed on seeds and apples. only had very small amounts at a time.
then i had a feast. cottage pie and ice cream. i think i have eaten too much as i now feel sick.
ive also had headache for a big part of the day.
i have read that headaches are common at first though.

Offline cd89

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 09:47:41 AM »
That sounds good. not together though right? lol
All I've eaten throughout the day this week is cut up apples and oranges, no nuts left. All I have left till next week now id some tiny apples that I reckon I could eat in one bite.
I'm having a pizza for my feast tonight as I don't want to cheat again with chocolate, so I'm going to try this junk food for feast thing see if that helps me ditch it quicker. All I've eaten is meat with salad or veg for my feasts and I think thats why I cheated :|

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 03:33:13 PM »
That sounds good. not together though right? lol
All I've eaten throughout the day this week is cut up apples and oranges, no nuts left. All I have left till next week now id some tiny apples that I reckon I could eat in one bite.
I'm having a pizza for my feast tonight as I don't want to cheat again with chocolate, so I'm going to try this junk food for feast thing see if that helps me ditch it quicker. All I've eaten is meat with salad or veg for my feasts and I think thats why I cheated :|

Melissa had a good article on how if we get too restrictive on our diets we have a bad reaction.

A good read...
http://huntgatherlove.com/content/are-you-faileo-diet
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln