Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Advice Perhaps...  (Read 1831 times)

Offline AlysaSyn

• Cub
    • View Profile
Advice Perhaps...
« on: August 18, 2011, 06:50:31 PM »
I have heard good things about this lifestyle change, and I wanted to ask other opinions on it. My son has Celiac Disease so we have to cut out all foods that contain gluten. Which I have found has been almost everything. I am grateful that they found it now instead of later because he is so young. I do not need to lose weight, but I do need to eat healthy, and find a healthy alternative for Zackary (my son). Is this something that would be recommended for our situation?
Replies Welcome!
Thanks!
Alysa

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
Re: Advice Perhaps...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 02:13:46 AM »
I would say "yes"..... i too am doing this diet because it's a healthy way to eat. I've had digestive issues since birth, and finally i'd had enough and thought to myself " what did cavemen eat?"..... of course they ate only natural foods, nothing processed. Unfortunately my digestive problem is still there, but i no longer feel bloated, nauseous, sluggish, headachy.

Do make sure you get the balance of nutrients right...... make sure you are both getting enough calcium for example from green vegetables and fish, and enough iron etc too. If you're at all worried you can always take a vitamin and mineral suppliment.

I would say start at stage 3 because you're not doing this for weight loss.

Good luck, and let us know if you need any more advice :)

Nicki