Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: advice to lose weight  (Read 20894 times)

Offline konnyc

• Cub
    • View Profile
advice to lose weight
« on: July 26, 2011, 01:20:51 AM »
hello everyone, im new to this and i just wanted to get some advice...
i have a fairly poor diet yet i just started excercising at the gym 2times a week

im 5"7 and weight 99kg (and yes, i know that is NOT a good thing  :'( ) and i want to get down to atlease  74kg...

i just wanted to get advice as how to properly combine this diet and excersise or if there are any other things that i could do in order to ditch the weight and release my inner caveman  ;)[/left]

Offline Falcon

• Hunter
  • Relearning how to live wild
    • View Profile
    • HubPages
Re: advice to lose weight
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 01:57:55 AM »
Hi konny

Are you following the stages of this diet? If so, stage 1 may not see a great deal of weight loss (though I lost 10lbs on it), it's generally stage 2 that has the greatest impact on weight loss.

A mix of strength training and cardio is best for weight loss, with an emphasis on bodyweight exercises and natural movement if possible. Squats, lunges, push ups, sit ups are all excellent to start off with and will really work your cardiovascular system as well.

Good luck!

Falcon
No trees were harmed during the transmission of this message. However, several hundred electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Offline konnyc

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 03:00:04 PM »
Thank you both for your advice, much apprieciated :)

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 06:13:58 PM »
Thank you both for your advice, much apprieciated :)

I think Kallis is either a bot ot a troll.

Fruit juices are not Paleo, most have added sugar. Just stick with real fruit. You'll get the fiber missing in juices and I think it a volume issue. Nobody will sit down and eat 4 oranges but that's about what's in a large OJ.
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline scotrp

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 12:06:53 AM »
one thing i would like to add, im new myself so it might have already been said but the caveman rarely came across food easily he either had to walk miles forraging or running in chase of game but he had to work for every meal so with that principal in mind if you in turn walk or run to earn every meal you will burn all calories you take in.like walking to the store every day to buy your grocerys in small amounts and carry them home, like you had forraged them.you are saving gas exercising and collecting food all in one.

Offline cd89

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 02:42:14 PM »
I have eaten 4 oranges in one go before... :| I like fruit!! lol, its refreshing!

I'm new too, as of about an hour ago. Am looking forward to starting properly tomorrow, as its almost 11pm, I think its a bit late. Have already done some exercise though and drank a lot of water :)

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 09:08:44 PM »
I have eaten 4 oranges in one go before... :| I like fruit!! lol, its refreshing!

4 oranges at a time would fall into the too much area  ;D

Good Foods
Meat, Birds (chicken) and Fish
Eggs (from free range birds).
Fruit (not too much though).
Vegetables (especially root vegetables, but definitely not potatoes or sweet potatoes)
Nuts, eg. Walnuts, Brazil Nuts, Macadamia, Almonds.
Berries - strawberries, blueberries, raspberries etc.
Root vegetables- carrots, turnips, parsnips, rutabagas, Swedes etc.

Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Clive

• Cub
    • View Profile
    • www.vipcubancigars.com
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 12:14:28 PM »
I advice yo to eat nuts whenever you feel hungry. They will keep your stomach full and are good for health too.

Offline rayalll

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 11:48:51 PM »
i have a fairly poor diet yet i just started excercising at the gym 2times a week

im 5"7 and weight 99kg (and yes, i know that is NOT a good thing  :'( ) and i want to get down to atlease  74kg...

i just wanted to get advice as how to properly combine this diet and excersise or if there are any other things that i could do in order to ditch the weight and release my inner caveman  ;)[/left]
Your body uses food for energy. It stores any excess energy as fat. This means if you eat more food than your body needs for daily activities and cell maintenance, you'll gain weight.

To lose weight, you need to get your body to use up these stores of fat. The most effective way to do this is to:

reduce the amount of calories you eat
    increase your levels of activity

Offline daniel

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2012, 02:01:59 AM »
Avoid all kind of junk,fast and oily foods.Just try to eat healthy like vegetables,fruits,beans etc.Don't try to drink juices because that have sugar added which caused to gain weight,just stick with the natural fruits which are quite good for our health and weight as well.
daniel

Offline brine1

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 11:00:30 AM »
I read all these suggestion and I am almost agree with these all guys. I am also suggest you to take some exercise with a healthy diet. You should take a very low quantity of fat and carbohydrates. Also reduce the sugar usage. Because these things are main reason to gain the weight. I hope you must follow this. Best of luck.

Beauty Salon Gold Coast
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 03:33:30 AM by brine1 »

Offline Jandonn

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 10:13:23 PM »
Well there are many ways to reduce the weight so the best way is avoid all junk and fast food, drink green tea lemon 3 to 4 cups daily, Eat fresh fruits and fresh vegetables, exercise is best, for weight loss with an emphasis on body weight exercises, and natural movement if possible.
San mateo personal trainer
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 03:12:29 AM by Jandonn »

Offline Bowen5

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 09:35:09 PM »
Weight loss is common problem now days. Almost every second person in three is suffering form it. However, in my point of view you can able to control your weight through swimming, cycling and running.
gym gold coast
« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 08:57:18 PM by Bowen5 »
Strengths And Motivations.

Offline muzzer2013

• Cub
  • Changed my life
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 02:16:19 AM »
DO NOT GO TO THE GYM!

Seriously the gym is full of bad energy. I have lost 4 stone now through eating paleo and using my cardio and own body weight as exercise. I wake at. 5:30am everyday and run 4 miles. I cycle to work rather than catch the bus or drive. I randomly do push ups and leg raises through the day to shock my body out of routine.

Look at my profile picture and tell me if it works x
I did not fail! I just found 10,000 ways that don't work!

Offline BrownCandy

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2013, 07:02:07 AM »
Some of us live in a busy city (London UK) and work crazy jobs/hours... I say, PLEASE! DO GO TO THE GYM!

We have to be able to do our own things without letting the "normal" society influence our choices... This is how we stay strong in our convictions and lifestyles and choices we make!

The gym is also safe for you! Resistant training or weight lifting will get you to your goal when added to your cardio... Try to do more natural workouts at the gym too by using things like TRX, kettle bells, robes and boxes to jump on them and push/pull things across the floor. A lot of modern gyms are into that kinda stuff lately (BritFit, CrossFit, Insanity, Tabata training etc) my gym has a special floor for it. Going in there is like going to play with my primeval mates... Back in the cave! The workouts are fun if you are new and starting with that much weight to lose!

Tahlita
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 11:03:55 PM by BrownCandy »

Offline BrownCandy

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2013, 05:43:32 AM »
In exercise you can do cycling or running both are good.

I would advice you to NOT do too much cardio during the fasting phase. Aim for more compound movements targeting all muscles (full body workouts), mainly weight/resistant training with very little rest and with high intensity which will give you your cardio fix all in one... If you must, do at least 15min high intensity interval cardio 2x a week which can be done on a bike/cross trainer/treadmill. Too much cardio (or slow cardio) exercises makes your body go into a catabolic state and then you start to burn muscle rather than fat... Dangerous grounds!

Offline edward2487

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2013, 04:51:09 AM »

How is it going so far? Exercise and healthy food are very important to improve health and fitness. Exercise at least 30 to 45 minutes in a day. Practice push ups. bench press, chair squats, cable stretching and band resistance.  It improve mood, make strong bones and muscles, boost energy, reduce joints pain, improve physical performance, improve heart functions and mental health.  If we think we are not healthy, today is the day to start to be one, not tomorrow. Weight loss cannot be achieved until we get serious about losing few kilos. I think we need to stop craving for unhealthy foods and start eating healthy foods. Working out on a regular basis is very important to shed weight in a healthier way. :-)

Offline meaganjames

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2014, 10:31:36 PM »
Extreme diets that restrict calories to very low levels can cause changes such as hair loss, unhealthy skin and hair, irritability, depression, loss of menstruation and infertility and in extreme cases heart failure and even death.

In your teenage years your body is also still growing and developing, so by following very extreme diets there is a risk of not growing and developing as you should and also of not consuming the nutrients needed for things like bone formation which may increase risk of osteoporosis later in life.

--------------------
Check This Link

Offline andymark25415

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2014, 10:17:13 PM »
eat green vegetables, fresh fruits,nut, seeds. that diet more healthy for us.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 11:58:14 PM by Lilnicki »

Offline saleenacarter

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2014, 05:40:53 AM »
Eat and drink a healthy, like many vegetables, fruits, and Increase water consumption, like refined Water, its specific.

« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 02:11:11 AM by Lilnicki »