Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Can I really eat whatever I want?  (Read 4152 times)

Offline cavemanguy

• Cub
    • View Profile
Can I really eat whatever I want?
« on: July 06, 2011, 12:54:37 PM »
So do I have this correct, I can only eat fruit and nuts in small portions during the day. Then when i choose to feast I can eat whatever I want? For example I love dominos pizza can I eat a large dominos pizza by myself if i want?

Offline cavemanguy

• Cub
    • View Profile
Re: Can I really eat whatever I want?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 03:54:13 PM »
Ok so ive read through the site and the forum a little more carefully. So im beginning stage 1. matt says im allowed to have 1 big meal a day called the feast. so can i really it whatever i want in one sitting without counting calories or anything. because i could possibly eat 2000 calories in 1 meal i have a large appetite. i also realized that when he says you can eat pizza chips etc.. you can eat that on stage 1 but its not reccomended. so im going to try and not eat fast food. today i went shopping and got. turkey burger, ground turkey, and turkey bacon are these all good things to eat?

it seems like this forum has become a ghost town i wish more people used it

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 07:39:44 PM »
Go crazy in stage 1 if you want. I really didn't do stage 1. I started by eating Paleo for a few weeks then went to Stage 2 and stayed on Stage 2 till I dropped about 40lbs.

For myself I avoid ground meats because I like my meat on the rare side and would be afraid to eat ground meat rare. One exception is I do enjoy venison sausage about twice a week but I trust the source.

My staples
steak couple times a week
fish
shrimp or crab
sausage
bacon
eggs
greek yougart
for veggies
peppers
spinach
asparagas
greek salads
olives
saurkraut
nuts/berries/fruit for grazing
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline cavemanguy

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 08:43:02 PM »
Thanks for replying. As of right now I'm trying to lose weight so im guessing it would be better for me if i could try and stick to a paleo diet. Also im a college student and money is tight. where can i get cheap nuts? my dad and i went to the store and almonds were almost 10 dollars. are there any cheaper tasty nuts?

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 08:54:03 PM »
Nuts can get expensive no doubt but look at all the money you'll save from future hospital bills  :D

My favorites are pecans about $5 a bag, sliced almonds about another $5 a bag and a can of macada nuts also about $5. I mix them all together and keep them in the fridge, they'll last me about 2 weeks. If your trying to lose weight go easy on the nuts. Also I like dehydrated coconuts. Sometimes hard to find but a bag is only like $1. Don't buy the sweetened stuff like they put on top of cakes.
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 05:52:25 AM »
For stage one you're meant to eat loads of junk food to get you sick of eating it...... but as the other posters have said, you can change things up a bit with the stages if you want. I jumped straight in at stage 3 for example... do what you think will be most sucessful for you.

Nicki

Offline cavemanguy

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 05:13:20 PM »
Thanks for the reply Nicki I'm going to try to stick with a paleo diet for the first 2 weeks but if i happen to eat non paleo for my one meal it wont bother me. but when i move onto the next stage im going to try and be strict. because for now i want to try and get sick of fast food because i love fast food

Offline kenney

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 07:09:18 AM »
you will really surprised after you stop eating junk and then go and eat it again how terrible you will feel. I can't be bothered eating junk now I hate that bloated gassy feeling... Good Luck ;D