Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: want to lose weight ? whats the best workouts  (Read 2022 times)

Offline Darrenboyd1

• Cub
    • View Profile
want to lose weight ? whats the best workouts
« on: June 14, 2011, 04:56:51 PM »
i'm 17 years old i weight 15 stone i want to lose weight fast need to drop down to 13.8 stone for my mma first fight on September 30th
NEED HELP GUYS !!!!

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
Re: want to lose weight ? whats the best workouts
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 02:30:46 AM »
Following this diet will help you lose weight, but i can't help you with the excercise side of things, i don't do much myself !!....... I'm sure there would be someone at your local gym who can help with that. ( Though i would have thought that anything that gets you breathless for one hour at a time 4 times a week would be a good place to start.)

Nicki

Offline Falcon

• Hunter
  • Relearning how to live wild
    • View Profile
    • HubPages
Re: want to lose weight ? whats the best workouts
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 04:03:36 AM »
 If you're already doing MMA then you should be fairly fit - maybe increase your HIIT training to burn fat and build endurance? And remember, muscle weighs more than fat so you may not have as much to lose as you think - lose some fat and you should be there.
If you have a weight target for your fight then that will  be getting into really intense muscle management, controlling the amount and type of food and liquid you consume in the run up to the fight etc. - getting lean not bulked. Your instructor should be able to help you with this.

Best of luck

Falcon
No trees were harmed during the transmission of this message. However, several hundred electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.