Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Want to gain weight  (Read 16389 times)

Offline ross88online

• Cub
    • View Profile
Want to gain weight
« on: May 18, 2011, 12:03:50 AM »
Hello Friends,

Since last 2 week i feel very weak and my weight is right now 54 K.G. I want to gain my weight.Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Want to gain weight
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 10:18:42 AM »
I got on this diet to gain weight as well :)

a good start would be to add a few hundred more calories to your daily intake. Don't worry about calorie counting, just eat something that is round about 400 or more calories. A 6oz steak pan fried in coconut oil for example. personally i add coconut milk and coconut oil to most anything i cook.  Its packed with calories and gives you a clean burning energy.  sweet potatoes are also helpful (they are loaded with good carbohydrate) bake one for an hour at 400F and then mash with coconut milk. its a wonderfully filling and nutrition packed way to pack on a few extra KG.
"In War, Victory. in Peace, Vigilance. in Death, Sacrifice"

"When you take civilization away from man you don't have man without civilization, you have an entirely different animal" -Simon Clark's "Blood Crazy"

"Time is the king of men, he's both their parent, and he is their
     grave, and he gives them what he will, not what they crave."
     Pericles, Act II. sc.3. William Shakespeare

"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."  Hamlet,
     Act IV. Sc. 5. William Shakespeare

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 02:25:44 AM »
Can you tell me your height so i can work out if your under or over weight??

Nicki

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 06:14:05 AM »
Hello.If you want to gain weight then you should join a gym and consult this with a trainer.you need protein so for it you should drink protein shake regularly and you can eat boiled potatoes.You should eat 1 egg regularly for your weight gain.

I do not recommend protein shakes, as they are processed and contain a lot of sugars and whey (a dairy product). If you are going to follow strict paleo then potatoes are out, however many paleo followers feel that potatoes are paleo-friendly (just as some feel that dairy products are ok). Depends on what you feel is right for yourself. I personally do not eat potatoes (other than sweet potatoes as mentioned in an earlier post) russet, yukon golds, etc... tend to make me feel slow and lethargic, that's my personal experience.  Good protein sources for after a workout are egg, fish (starkist tuna is awesome!), chicken, beef (Fatty cuts are the best, try chuck or a steak with the marrow bone).

I would stick with whole foods rather than processed junk that preach weight packing abilities. Natural is always the best choice.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 06:15:51 AM by SidheDraoi »
"In War, Victory. in Peace, Vigilance. in Death, Sacrifice"

"When you take civilization away from man you don't have man without civilization, you have an entirely different animal" -Simon Clark's "Blood Crazy"

"Time is the king of men, he's both their parent, and he is their
     grave, and he gives them what he will, not what they crave."
     Pericles, Act II. sc.3. William Shakespeare

"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."  Hamlet,
     Act IV. Sc. 5. William Shakespeare

Offline Baldovino

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 08:06:52 AM »
You should eat a healthy diet to gain weight. I would like to suggest some breakfast tips for weight gain.
•    Whole grain toast with plenty of peanut butter
•   Oatmeal topped with granola, dried fruits and nuts
•   Omelet with cheese and vegetables
•   Milk or orange juice as beverages

Offline Falcon

• Hunter
  • Relearning how to live wild
    • View Profile
    • HubPages
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 01:51:21 AM »
Hi Ross
If you're looking to gain weight but also eat paleo-friendly, then listen to Lilnicki and Sidhe - the posts about eating oatmeal, granola, wholegrain toast are completely incorrect when following a paleo diet and should be ignored.

Go for fats, not carbs. Carbs will make you gain weight - or at least, carbs from grains will make you look like you've gained weight when you bloat up, but you'll also be sluggish and lethargic, which won't help if you're already feeling weak.

Lots of fats, and then strength training for muscle development. The weight will come fairly easily.

Let us know how you get on.

Falcon
No trees were harmed during the transmission of this message. However, several hundred electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 03:21:14 AM »
Frebbin is a spammer, and has been deleted.
"Be true to your biology"

Offline brine1

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2013, 08:57:43 AM »
There is very simple way to gain weight is Eating and sleeping. Really i try this method and found good results. If you want to gain weight you just eat fast food and sleep well at night. But with this you should also take some exercise otherwise it is might possible that you become unfit.

Offline Alston

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2013, 11:48:15 PM »
Supplement C increases resistance system, Supplement C stops from cardiac arrest, Supplement C battle and prevent against cancer, Supplement C battle against bacteria, viruses, and infection.....

http://thetransformationspot.com/cary-personal-trainer
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 12:24:54 AM by Alston »
Premier Fitness Solutions
1445 Merchant Dr,
Algonquin, Illinois,
USA,  60102-5917
PHONE# (224) 678-9060

Offline Jandonn

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 10:18:02 PM »
Well gaining weight is quite simple, as compare with loosing it. But it is important to note that, weight gain is not difficult people are more concerned about losing extra fats from body. So eat fast foods, meat, chicken, high carbs foods for gain weight.
San mateo personal trainer
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 03:11:55 AM by Jandonn »

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2013, 05:12:27 AM »
Fast food and high- carb foods are not recommended for the paleo/ caveman diet Jandonn.

Offline Derwin

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2013, 11:32:27 PM »
Go for body fat, not carbohydrates, carbohydrates will create you put on body weight or at least, carbohydrates from grain will create you look like you have obtained weight loss when you bloat up, but you will also be gradual and tired, which won't help if you are already sensation poor....
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 03:52:42 AM by Derwin »
Premier Fitness Solutions
1445 Merchant Dr,
Algonquin, Illinois,
USA, 60102-5917
PHONE# (224) 678-9060

Offline Braden

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 12:40:35 AM »
It would be better if you add your age and height. However, eggs and meat are very well for gain weight.

Offline edward2487

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2013, 05:30:21 AM »
Hello Friends,

Since last 2 week i feel very weak and my weight is right now 54 K.G. I want to gain my weight.Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

I have always felt this way about my weight also. Try the natural food diet.  It is good for the muscles building because it has no any side effects for the health. Take more natural protein foods in your diet to make it more effective for the body building.  :)

Offline kristenbell

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2013, 03:04:46 AM »
If you are 5 4Kg then you are weak. You should consume more proteins and carbs to gain weight.

Weight Gain Secrets

Offline andymark25415

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2014, 10:04:10 PM »
there are many foods available  that you can follow to gain weight fast, like green vegetables, eggs, etc, that diet help you to gain weight fast and do some exercise daily.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 11:59:18 PM by Lilnicki »

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 06:55:22 AM »
Pasta, bread and potatoes are not paleo, and should not be eaten on this diet.

Offline GlennMarsh

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2014, 11:45:37 PM »
Gym workout with healthy diet is good to gain weight,.,.
But i think the only best option to gain weight quickly is whey protein,.Its best for building muscle size ,.

Orange County Gym
« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 11:33:47 PM by GlennMarsh »

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2014, 06:00:55 AM »
Hi Glenn ,

We don't advocate protein shakes for the Caveman diet because they are very processed and contain ingredients that cavemen didn't eat. Of course it's your choice if you want fast results, but otherwise I would recommend NATURAL protein from meat and eggs.

Thanks

Nicki :)

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 11:40:57 AM »
Actually, after starting CrossFit, my body was screaming for protein so I did research and there are paleo protein powders with no additives, no sugar, no artificial sweeteners- just protein.

One company makes an all natural Paleo protein (name withheld as I will not promote) with beef and egg protein isolates- gluten free as well and tastes good but again, this is just my opinion.  Now it does not adhere to a strict paleo diet nor are these powders regulated by the FDA but it is the closest supplement I discovered.  As another individual poster mentioned, sleep is critical as HGH is supposedly released during sleep cycles(need to research yourself on this).

Also, I did an internship in college working with elite professional athletes and according to the coaches, the one hour window after a workout is critical to get protein and sugar(fruits) into the body.  Because of the slow digestion of chicken, beef, eggs, it was apparent that shakes were best but they were not paleo protein shakes.

Again, I am not an expert and only recommend paleo lifestyle but if muscle building is goal, need to find an alternative that falls within guidelines.  My body tells me what I need now that I understand how to listen to it.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 11:53:44 AM by Storm5 »