Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Vitamin Suppliments  (Read 3584 times)

Offline Renee

• Cub
    • View Profile
Vitamin Suppliments
« on: February 21, 2008, 12:46:19 AM »
Hi all...   I am studying to complete a Certificate 3 in aged care and my teacher was talking about vitamins and what is good to take. Apparently we should take vitamins that we don`t get in our everyday diet.

He recommended Fish oil - good for the Cardivascular system, circulatory system, cholesterol, heart, brain, memory and joint movement.
                            Vitamin E - boost immunity, cold sores, energy, cramps, pms and healing skin lesions
                            Cranberry - urinary tract health and acidophilus.
                            Horseradish, garlic and Vitamin C is good for stress, anxiety, allergies and flu

Currently I am taking the fish oil and i am also on Calcium and Magnesium tablets. My diet is pretty poor, I dont have breakfast, sometimes i don`t have lunch. I drink tea (4 cups a day) have 3 serves of vege`s per week, rarely eat red meat and don`t often snack on the right foods.

So my Question to you is; do you take any Vitamins? if so what for? and your general opinion on the topic?

Cheers

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
Re: Vitamin Suppliments
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 06:41:00 PM »
Good topic.

I'm particularly interested in the role vitamins play as a replacement for the natural micro nutrients we miss out on because of modern farming.  I think it's ironic that we have to supplement our diet with pills because we've raped the soil of all it's nutrients.  So in that context, I think Fish Oil is essential for everyone (unless you live in the wilderness).  I also recommend taking vitamin and mineral supplements.  It's an unfortunate necessity.

I think the key word here is "supplement".  I tend to stay away from anything that claims to be an "enhancement".... with the exception of coffee.  ;)

"Be true to your biology"

Offline Seeker

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 11:51:21 PM »
I tend to stay away from anything that claims to be an "enhancement".... with the exception of coffee.  ;)

Mmmmm coffee. I need coffee....no really I NEED it.  ;D

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 06:56:16 PM »
Mmmmm coffee. I need coffee....no really I NEED it.  ;D

This topic deserves a poll  ;)  http://www.cavemanpower.com/forum/calling_all_caffeine_addicts-t115.0.html
"Be true to your biology"