Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: New here and just seeing what everyone thinks of the caveman diet  (Read 4673 times)

Offline Danz131087

• Cub
    • View Profile
Hi all

Just seeing how everyone is getting on with doing the caveman diet, are you still having energy to exercise? Are there major food cravings? or does it actually take your body back to new again?

all tips and advice would help

Dan  ;D

Iain

Re: New here and just seeing what everyone thinks of the caveman diet
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 10:20:13 AM »
Danz,

Hello, I've been on this since the start of Feb, had really positive results so far.Any questions, just fire away, there are plenty of people on here who are supportive and have good advice.

No food cravings for me that I have noticed
Energy. It seems to be a lot easier to get up in the morning and I'm not lagging at work in the Afternoon.
Not sure about new, but it certainly made my body feel better after a day on it.

Iain  :P

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 10:30:26 AM »
been on this diet for about 2 years now, its been wonderful to me :)

food cravings yes, but only because I am pregnant hahaha  :P I tend to crave fats though, lots and lots of fats.
energy died down once winter started, but as summer approaches I am feeling it come back full force! winter always is a pain for me when it comes to working out and keeping energized.
each day that I am on this diet i feel amazing and fresh! like I can tackle the world, good feeling  :)
"In War, Victory. in Peace, Vigilance. in Death, Sacrifice"

"When you take civilization away from man you don't have man without civilization, you have an entirely different animal" -Simon Clark's "Blood Crazy"

"Time is the king of men, he's both their parent, and he is their
     grave, and he gives them what he will, not what they crave."
     Pericles, Act II. sc.3. William Shakespeare

"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."  Hamlet,
     Act IV. Sc. 5. William Shakespeare

Offline Loulou

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 03:28:28 PM »
Hi Dan,  I have been following this for just over 4 weeks and feel the best I have done in years, and also the smallest I have been, already!?, I haven't had any cravings and my energy has increased dramatically. I can't rave on about it enough.

Good luck with yours, if you have any queries, don't hesitate to post. I have had such great advice and support from these great 'cavemen'.

Lou

Offline Danimal

• Cub
  • One Life, Live It !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2011, 01:18:21 AM »
Hey Danz,

welcome to the forum mate. I've been following this way of life for a few weeks now, and i can honestly say i'm a changed man, and for the better. it's got lots of advantages, not only health benefits, but also i've experienced a comforting sense of well-being. all i need to do now is to pull my finger out and get exercise into my day lol. i've slipped a couple of times with my cravings, and consequently, i paid for it with feeling like crap afterward or the morning after. there are lots of +'s to this way of life, and i think the individual will take and gain different things from it, we're all different after-all. Give it a go, you'll never look back  ;)

Dan.
"Everyone Dies, But Not Everyone Lives."

"The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing."

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished."

" If it's not hard, it aint worth doing"

"The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful. "

Offline Olin35

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2011, 03:43:14 AM »
Hi all

Just seeing how everyone is getting on with doing the caveman diet, are you still having energy to exercise? Are there major food cravings? or does it actually take your body back to new again?

all tips and advice would help

Dan  ;D

Hi guys,,,
     Usually the Caveman diet is known as Paleolithic diet.Now a days paleo diet is a short word that replaces the caveman diet.
Yeah one of my friend is using this diet and he has a routine of exercise,mostly one hour exercise in a day.
The greatest of faults, I should say, is to be conscious of none.

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2011, 04:10:30 AM »
What kind of Caveman are you???  ;D

Different versions of the Paleo/Caveman diet...

http://www.healthhabits.ca/2010/01/29/what-kind-of-paleo-are-you/
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2011, 10:41:27 AM »
What kind of Caveman are you???  ;D

Different versions of the Paleo/Caveman diet...

http://www.healthhabits.ca/2010/01/29/what-kind-of-paleo-are-you/

good link!

I still consume dairy (daily) and peas/beans on occasion (maybe once a month) but other than that strictly paleo, I am getting more strict about it the further along in my pregnancy i get too so getting baby used to it :p

"When you take civilization away from man you don't have man without civilization, you have an entirely different animal" -Simon Clark's "Blood Crazy"

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2011, 07:35:22 PM »
good link!

I still consume dairy (daily) and peas/beans on occasion (maybe once a month) but other than that strictly paleo, I am getting more strict about it the further along in my pregnancy i get too so getting baby used to it :p

I'm no grains of course. No milk(I have sinus issues on milk), very little cheese, goat cheese mainly. Sometimes too much fruit and nuts I think but I'm cutting back. Steaks, fish, shrimp, lots of eggs(free range birds), bacon of course. And of course lots of veggies and Greek salads(I love olives). Not big on Chicken, I might eat it a few times a year. Love rabbit, dove, and really good salmon but that depends on budget sometimes  ;D
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2011, 07:59:45 PM »
good link!

I'm no grains of course. No milk(I have sinus issues on milk), very little cheese, goat cheese mainly. Sometimes too much fruit and nuts I think but I'm cutting back. Steaks, fish, shrimp, lots of eggs(free range birds), bacon of course. And of course lots of veggies and Greek salads(I love olives). Not big on Chicken, I might eat it a few times a year. Love rabbit, dove, and really good salmon but that depends on budget sometimes  ;D

my husband goes crazy over fruit, I'm not too fond of it. every now and then I get a craving for it but i prefer carrots over fruits hahaha so strange ;p

Offline MommyOf2

• Scout
  • I won't put off til tomorrow what I can do today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 03:02:55 PM »
I am a newbie myself (3 weeks)...So far it's been incredible in every sense of the word! Welcome to the Tribe and to a journey of becoming the best YOU you can be! ::)
Mommyof2 :):)