Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: daughter has heartburn  (Read 7734 times)

Offline Veri

• Cub
    • View Profile
daughter has heartburn
« on: March 13, 2011, 06:16:31 PM »
my 17 year old has constant burning heartburn.  i took her to the doctor who promptly scoped her and prescribed nexium...what a surprise.  so ...she is suppossed to stay on nexium for ...ever?  I dont think this is a healthy way to be and would love some advice on what to try.

Offline Alex Good

• Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: daughter has heartburn
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 09:06:13 PM »
 Is she eating the right way yet? My heartburn's disappeared since I stopped eating grains. And I'm only just noticing that. Nice.

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 11:16:01 PM »
anytime i eat grainy foods i get heartburn, this whole weekend has been nothing but grainy food... I am so sick of it.

have you thought about giving her aloe as a remedy for heart burn?  I drink aloe drinks quite often and even have friends that were taking medication for heartburn every day and I had them try the aloe drinks and they stopped having to use their medication.  aloe is a wonderful digestion aid and anti inflammatory.
"In War, Victory. in Peace, Vigilance. in Death, Sacrifice"

"When you take civilization away from man you don't have man without civilization, you have an entirely different animal" -Simon Clark's "Blood Crazy"

"Time is the king of men, he's both their parent, and he is their
     grave, and he gives them what he will, not what they crave."
     Pericles, Act II. sc.3. William Shakespeare

"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."  Hamlet,
     Act IV. Sc. 5. William Shakespeare

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 02:17:47 AM »
Healthy diet could never hurt.

It got me thinking thou, what would a caveman do to treat heartburn? Maybe something like burying a rats tooth in the woods on a moonlit night. Or eating some combination of roots and flowers or herbs.

I'm glad we have better doctors now. I found a painting of some real winners doing brain surgery during the middle ages. You can tell the chick is good, she has a book on her head. And never let a dude wearing an oil funnel for a hat open your skull  ;D

« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 02:21:35 AM by houmax »
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Veri

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 03:13:19 PM »
cute!

Offline Globert

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2014, 07:22:29 PM »
Turmeric powder in capsule are good for heartburn or any preparation on turmeric. Also fresh ginger tea ,it's an instant relief

Offline rhizome

• Cub
    • View Profile
    • Organic Superfoods
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2014, 08:46:07 AM »
I found that the cause of my heartburn was actually low stomach acid, not excessive stomach acid.

The symptoms are very similar, a lack of stomach acid causes increased fermentation, which in turn causes gas and can cause some acid to travel back up.  Stomach acid inhibiting drugs actually make this problem worse for many individuals.

Digestive bitter herbs on the back of the tongue pre-meal are great for preventing indigestion and heart burn, especially after large meals.