Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Website Statistics  (Read 8117 times)

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
Website Statistics
« on: January 24, 2008, 06:09:10 PM »
Caveman Power has been alive on the web for 8 months, and I thought it would be interesting to share a few stats.  Check out the reports below.

"Be true to your biology"

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
Re: Website Statistics
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 06:30:56 PM »
As you can see from the stats above, we are not alone ;)

There are (approximately) 7000 people reading this forum, which is quite an audience - enough to fill a concert hall.

It's interesting to to note that most of our visitors are from the USA, which in a way doesn't surprise me... I have found that American culture tends to embrace forward thinking and pro-activeness.  It's also interesting to note the lack of Asian, Middle Eastern, African, South American and Russian visitors.

I'm sure there are reasons why the countries in the Map Overlay list are that way... anyone care to discuss?

Offline Seeker

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2008, 01:41:29 AM »
As you can see from the stats above, we are not alone ;)

There are (approximately) 7000 people reading this forum, which is quite an audience - enough to fill a concert hall.

It's interesting to to note that most of our visitors are from the USA, which in a way doesn't surprise me... I have found that American culture tends to embrace forward thinking and pro-activeness.  It's also interesting to note the lack of Asian, Middle Eastern, African, South American and Russian visitors.

I'm sure there are reasons why the countries in the Map Overlay list are that way... anyone care to discuss?

Although I can't say for certain, I would think that many countries where English is not the primary language would obviously have no use of this website. With regard to European countries, I know that a lot of them have quite sophisticated culinary culture, especially France, and the idea of a "Caveman Diet" probably doesn't appeal at all. Just my thoughts on it. Glad to see many of our fellow Australians coming for a visit!

Offline Jen

• Cub
    • View Profile
    • DoingTheCaveman
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 02:30:56 AM »
I know that a lot of them have quite sophisticated culinary culture, especially France, and the idea of a "Caveman Diet" probably doesn't appeal at all

You may have seen the book 'French women don't get fat'.  From childhood the French seem to develop such a healthy relationship with food, they'd be less likely to be for seeking solutions to weight and fitness problems.  It's interesting to see there's been a few visits from the Netherlands and Germany though.

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 03:13:40 AM »
I was thinking that the countries not present on the list perhaps have other scourges to worry about, rather than those that we (in modern society) suffer with; over-abundance of food, sedentary lifestyle, over-prescription of pharmaceuticals, etc.

As for the French... I like their approach; quality over quantity.  I'd love to try a proper 18 course meal, which ironically is not that big - but certainly full of variety.

As for the non-english speaking countries, it does make sense that they wouldn't appear on the list...  I hadn't even thought of that one.

Offline Seeker

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 03:39:31 AM »
Jen - Yes I have seen that book and have read a bit about the French food traditions. I do like their way of thinking and eating very much.

Matt - You are right about the French quality over quantity approach and I support them as well. I too would love to try a full courses meal French style, in France itself given the choice :)

Offline Phanatic

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 07:25:26 PM »
I go on a lot of forums on the net. If you wanted I could tell people on the forums about this site and get some more people to contribute to this forum.

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2008, 02:45:33 AM »
I go on a lot of forums on the net. If you wanted I could tell people on the forums about this site and get some more people to contribute to this forum.

If that would benefit them and the forum, absolutely  :D

Offline Phanatic

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2008, 02:59:31 AM »
Sweet as. I noticed a lot of views, but not a whole lot of new topics and replies. I think it would be great to get some new opinions and topics going, just wanted to check it with you first.

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2008, 03:32:29 AM »
Sweet as. I noticed a lot of views, but not a whole lot of new topics and replies. I think it would be great to get some new opinions and topics going, just wanted to check it with you first.

No worries mate, there are indeed a lot of people who read and do not post, which is totally okay - actually it's a bit flattering.

Offline Phanatic

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2008, 10:26:50 PM »
Hmm, I got one person to check it out. I was expecting more common sense out of people. They basically called it a fad diet, and that I'd have a stroke at 40. People are weird.

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2008, 07:48:46 AM »
Hmm, I got one person to check it out. I was expecting more common sense out of people. They basically called it a fad diet, and that I'd have a stroke at 40. People are weird.

It would of liked for them to bring a rational debate to the table, because they may have raised some valid points.  Ah well, thanks anyway for spreading the word.

I've never claimed that the Caveman Power Diet is perfect, and i'm always open to discourse, so when somebody disagrees I see it as an opportunity to learn.

Offline BigKhanz

• Hunter
  • 100% Barbarian (in the Alaskan White Mountains)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2008, 03:17:33 AM »
I have been pushing the site since I fell in love with it. Im constantly talking about it and I've got a couple of friends that are interested.

I have a business plan in the works right now and am partnering with a Master Level Trainer that shares my fews on fitness (and is my jiu-jitsu and MMA sparring partner), and we have started the diet together. We plan on starting a gym/fitness club/training service based on total functional fitness and fitness for fighters. And that is REALLY going to help promote these ideas.

Ive been getting alot of flak about both the diet and my fitness philosophy but I just use myself and the guys I train as examples of being correct. I'll do the same with the diet.

But I have to say some people are just closed minded. The guy yelling about Italian caveman eating pasta when I told him I dont eat grains was a trip!!!
Guys like me aren't born this way, actually we're not born at all. We're hatched from vulture eggs left in the sun, then raised by Wolves...

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 01:23:14 AM »
I have been pushing the site since I fell in love with it. Im constantly talking about it and I've got a couple of friends that are interested.

Awesome.  The more people that bring information to the forum, the more we can all learn and help each other.

I have a business plan in the works right now and am partnering with a Master Level Trainer that shares my fews on fitness (and is my jiu-jitsu and MMA sparring partner), and we have started the diet together. We plan on starting a gym/fitness club/training service based on total functional fitness and fitness for fighters. And that is REALLY going to help promote these ideas.

Excellent, I hope it goes really well.... helping people to help themselves, a great cause indeed.

Ive been getting alot of flak about both the diet and my fitness philosophy but I just use myself and the guys I train as examples of being correct. I'll do the same with the diet.
But I have to say some people are just closed minded. The guy yelling about Italian caveman eating pasta when I told him I dont eat grains was a trip!!!

Yeah, I think that a lot of people would benefit from studying a bit about the history of homo-sapiens.  Some people live in a historic vacuum.