Newsletter Search Contact Rss Feed
May 15, 2009, 03:49:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Reply to this Message! Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Want to start Caveman Power  (Read 682 times)
Calebh06
Cub

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2008, 12:35:01 PM »

Ive been looking at several sites with information on Paleo type diets. I spent most of this afternoon reading through this one and it seems to make the most sense to me. I have decided that I would like to start changing my eating habits and I think Caveman is the way to go.  I did have a few questions though. I noticed many of you spoke about snacking on sunflower seeds or beef jerky during the day. I am wondering what types of those you chose to eat.I assumed that when it came to sunflower seeds and Jerky that you do not choose the fancy flavored variety that can be picked up an any corner store. I'm wondering where to find snacks. 
         I also noticed that one idea of this new way of eating included portions of fat. I was wondering what others choose to eat to get their helping of fats.
Matt Emery
Administrator
Tribal Leader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 10:18:43 AM »

Welcome aboard! I'm glad you found this website logical... it makes sense to me too  Tongue

Personally, I don't eat a whole lot of Beef Jerky  - it's too salty for my liking.  But I get stuck into Extra Virgin Olive Oil quite a lot, and it keeps me full for ages, in fact i've found Olive Oil to the be my greatest tool for appetite control (control as in satiation).  Eggs are a good choice, and so too is oily fish, nuts, and seeds.  There's loads of fatty foods that are very healthy.

So if you want to stem your appetite in a healthy way, grab some healthy fats.  It will really help things along, especially if you're trying to switch to a Low GI style of eating.

I look forward to hearng more about your experiences with the Paleo way of life, feel free to yel out if you ahve any questions too  Wink

"Be true to your biology"
Calebh06
Cub

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 06:22:06 PM »

Thanks for the advice, Im two days in now, I know thats not much but I feel good about things. Im interested in this Olive Oil idea, what kinds of things do you do with that?
Matt Emery
Administrator
Tribal Leader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 08:54:11 PM »

Thanks for the advice, Im two days in now, I know thats not much but I feel good about things. Im interested in this Olive Oil idea, what kinds of things do you do with that?

I pour it over just about everything; salad, vegetables, meat, and sometimes I have it on it's own.  A small amount will keep you full for a long time.

"Be true to your biology"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

"As fit as a modern day athlete"
If you suspect that statement to be true, then you'll probably want to know why it could be true. Well, this is what I have devoted my life to finding out, and I want to share with you everything i've learnt, as well as learn from you!
Shut me up?