Newsletter Search Contact Rss Feed
September 29, 2013, 04:52:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Reply to this Message! Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Today is my first day.  (Read 2406 times)
Stewie
Tribal Moderator
Scout

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2013, 03:55:42 AM »

Hi everyone, today is my first day on the caveman diet. My girlfriend and i are doing this together.
I weighed myself this morning and i was 225.2lbs, and i am 6'3 tall. According to the BMI calculator i amd 'overweight'. My target weight is to try and hit less than 200. That is just over 2 stone. It's quite a lot to lose, but i am determined to do this. Updates to come in the future....

Stewie.
mtnman
Cub

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 10:16:22 AM »

hey Stewie,
I was the same weight when i started only difference is im 6'2". My goals were the same 200lbs. I went from 225 to 204 in 1 month. I have to add i never did phase 1 because I was already sick of eating junk. I did a mix of 2 and 3.  Its been about 1 month 10 days and i weight 201.  good luck! keep us updated.
Stewie
Tribal Moderator
Scout

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 04:31:40 AM »

I am doing phase one just to use up what i have left in the cupboard. It's mostly pasta. I'm not eating anything bad like chips burgers pizzas, or cakes. Although today i couldnt go into work as i have caught a bug, so i have taken some medicine for that, but i am still sticking to the diet. I have eaten well today. Only been grazing as per the rules. Can i ask you how often should you weigh yourself? Is it once a week?
mtnman
Cub

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 12:58:16 PM »

I weigh everyday and measure my waist. That's just what I like to do.  IF you are working out the muscle gain can throw a curve to weight loss some so thats when measuring inches count more than actual weight loss.
Stewie
Tribal Moderator
Scout

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 01:50:25 PM »

Weighed myself this morning and haven't lost any weight yet. I guess its a bit early to see changes. Hopefully won't be long before my tummy goes down a bit. Its the end of day 3 on week one. Goodnight.
mtnman
Cub

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 03:17:12 PM »

took me about a 10 days for the fat to start coming off. once i got going it came off fast.
Stewie
Tribal Moderator
Scout

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2013, 12:26:10 AM »

Hi again everyone. Well so far i have been on this diet for 2 weeks and 2 days. And i do feel better. I remember reading at the start how your body will crave good foods etc etc. I didnt really believe it but is Is actually true. I can't think of anything worse now than having a fat cream cake or a Cheeseburger. i like eating the healthy clean natural foods. I'm sure my insides prefer it too. So far i have lost nearly half a stone, which is about 6lbs for all you Americans. I have also been drinking Lemon Tea regularly throughout the day and having a 'Cod Liver Oil' capsule in the evening with my meal as this supplies a lot of vitamins you need. More updates to come. Looking good and feeling good.... happy days...
Lilnicki
Tribal Moderator
Warrior

Here to help :)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, 01:12:03 AM »

Sounds like you are doing really well Smiley keep it up !

Nicki
Stewie
Tribal Moderator
Scout

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 05:55:06 AM »

I intend to, Hopefully i'll have time to put some pics up at some point.
Stewie
Tribal Moderator
Scout

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 10:48:29 PM »

I went to a 50th birthday party on Saturday night and was a bit naughty. I had a few beers. But it was just one night and it was hard to avoid to be honest. But oh well. I'm back on my grazing today. The time here in UK is 07.45 and i'm in work. Today i will be very good. 'CAVEMAN POWER'
Stewie
Tribal Moderator
Scout

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2013, 11:43:08 PM »

I have now been on the diet for 3 weeks and i've lost 6lbs. Which means i am currently losing about 2lbs a week.
Started on 2nd April at 225lbs.
Today i am 219lbs.
I have set myself a target to reach 210lbs by 1st June. I think i should be able to do that.
Stewie
Tribal Moderator
Scout

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2013, 05:54:27 AM »

I weighed myself again this morning and i was 217lbs. Thats a total loss so far of 8lbs. Ive been on Stage 1 for 3 weeks and 1 day. However I think i am going to struggle with Stage 2, i will find it very difficult to not eat anything during the day. I might just jump straight to Stage 3. I am happy because i can see the difference when i look in the mirror. Although i am still on the First Stage i am eating well in the evening. No junk, bread or dairy.
Stewie
Tribal Moderator
Scout

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 04:26:39 AM »

Today is 1st May and my current weight stands at 216.8lbs. I said in a previous post that I would like to be 210lbs by 1st June, Which gives me exactly one month to shift the last 6.8lbs. I think that is an achievable and sensible goal. Sometimes it seems as though some people are losing too much weight too fast which isn't healthy. I am happy at the moment with my program because I know I am on the road to losing more weight.
By the way i am male and stand 6foot 3inches tall.
Stewie
Tribal Moderator
Scout

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 11:52:51 PM »

Well, i'm back and the weight continues to come off. Albeit a bit more slowly but that is my own fault, i have had a few things lately that wouldnt of been on the caveman menu. But today is a new day and i am being good again. My weight currently stands at 215lbs. I have lost a total of 10lbs since starting this diet.  I can really see the difference, so can my girlfriend.
Stewie
Tribal Moderator
Scout

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 11:36:49 PM »

It's that time again, Tuesday morning... that means time to stand on the scales.
Today i am .... 213.2lbs. So ive lost another couple of lbs. It's all good. i'm happy. I said in an earlier post that i wanted to drop to 210 by 1st June. I think i will do it, hopefully.

:-)
Stewie
Tribal Moderator
Scout

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2013, 02:22:16 AM »

Good morning everyone, Hope you're all doing well.
Tuesday morning has arrived which means it is time for the inevitable weigh-in.
I stood on the scales this morning at about 6.30am and i weighed ........ 209lbs.
Very happy with that. I've dropped from 225lbs to 209lbs since I started my new healtheir caveman lifestyle on April 2nd. I'm wondering now how much weight can come off, i don't know if it will keep coming off or whether it will level out once i reach my ideal healthy weight. My target was to be 210 by 1st June. I have achieved that 3 days early. As usual i will be back with more updates and will normally respond to any other questions or threads as promptly as i can.
Oogabooga
Cub

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 01:52:16 AM »

Hi, Stewie!  Nice results!  I just started today, and I'm curious to know: are you doing any sort of exercise, or was this just on diet alone?  Thanks!
Stewie
Tribal Moderator
Scout

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 02:56:03 AM »

I personally don't do much exercise. The weight has been lost purely by changing what i eat. When i look back at the things i use to eat and what i eat now it is quite a big difference. I eat a lot more fruit and veg now. i always found it quite difficult to try and eat my 5-a-day before, but not now.  If anyone sticks to this diet and follows it to the law then it is impossible to gain weight. Good luck Oogabooga.
Stewie
Tribal Moderator
Scout

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 03:43:45 AM »

Tuesday is here again. I stepped on the scales this morning after waking up and i was 206.8lbs. It keeps going down. Very happy that the weight keeps coming off with minimal effort.
Stewie
Tribal Moderator
Scout

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2013, 11:55:15 PM »

Stepped onto the scales this morning and i was 207.8lbs, which means since last week i have pit on one pound. To be honest i'm not too put out by this. I am still doing well and i will continue to eat this way. I have set myself a new target. My previous target was to hit 210lbs by 1st June, which i did 3 days early. My next target is to hit 200lbs by the 20th July. As i have a week in Cornwall with my girlfriend and daughter and i would like to lose a few more pounds so i can take my top off, weather permitting of course. So here it goes, i have 39 days to lose roughly 8lbs. Easy? I hope so...
Stewie
Tribal Moderator
Scout

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2013, 06:12:02 AM »

Currently weighing in at 205.8lbs.
I recently checked my BMI and i should be under 200lbs so i will use that as my new target.
Escafre
Cub

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2013, 08:41:05 AM »

Hi Stewie! You've made amazing progress.

What do you eat during the day and at night, can you give a sample? I like to look at what other people eat to get a good idea of where I should be aiming for.

I just started 2 days ago, unfortunately, I cheated a little the other night. The best thing to do is keep going, no matter how we slip up!

Hoping you hit your goal by July 20th Smiley!
Lilnicki
Tribal Moderator
Warrior

Here to help :)

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2013, 10:36:50 AM »

Hope you don't mind me crashing your post !

Here's what I've had today......

Breakfast : poached egg and bacon with spinach.

Snack : apple and banana.

Lunch: chicken mayonnaise and salad with seeds.

Snack: watermelon.

Dinner : fish in white sauce with peas and carrots.
Stewie
Tribal Moderator
Scout

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2013, 11:29:16 PM »

Well for my grazing today i have bought some nuts, (walnuts, almonds and hazlenuts.)
One apple,
One satsuma,
and a mini salad i made myself which consists of some spinach, tomotoes, cucumber and chopped red peppars.
Stewie
Tribal Moderator
Scout

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2013, 12:19:07 AM »

Weighed myself this morning and i was 202lbs. So the weight is still coming off but it has slowed down a lot. I think that means i am probably near my ideal weight now which feels good.
Starting weight = 225lbs
Weight now = 202lbs
Height 6ft 3".
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

"As fit as a modern day athlete"
If you suspect that statement to be true, then you'll probably want to know why it could be true. Well, this is what I have devoted my life to finding out, and I want to share with you everything i've learnt, as well as learn from you!
Shut me up?