Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Natural pain killers?  (Read 11804 times)

Offline gunfix_r

• Cub
  • I am what I am...............
    • View Profile
Natural pain killers?
« on: March 11, 2010, 04:42:01 AM »
Is there a natural pain killer I can use?  I have some very bad shoulder problems that really limit the range of motion and use of my shoulder.  I am in need of surgery, but am avoiding it due to the 12 week rehab.  I have been just dealing with it for about 7 years or so, and I only take over-the-counter meds if it REALLY flares up.  Any suggestions would be very helpful.
There are more things on this planet with fangs, claws, poisons, and scales than there are things that are warm, fuzzy, and full of love.  Its a simple fact.    MAA  James Keating

Justice don't come often,  but now and then it shows up for a second or two,  helped along by a good trigger finger.   

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Natural pain killers?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 09:27:53 AM »
Fish Oil when taken overtime helps to ward off pain, I take it everyday and it helps me with my Endometriosis pain.

I'm going out today to get some willow bark to make tea with. Willow is a natural asprin and from my experience it helps.

I will have to look in my herbal healing books to check for any more useful tips. I hope your pain isnt too bad, I know when my endometriosis flares up I am bed ridden for atleast 3 days. 

best of luck!
-Laura
"In War, Victory. in Peace, Vigilance. in Death, Sacrifice"

"When you take civilization away from man you don't have man without civilization, you have an entirely different animal" -Simon Clark's "Blood Crazy"

"Time is the king of men, he's both their parent, and he is their
     grave, and he gives them what he will, not what they crave."
     Pericles, Act II. sc.3. William Shakespeare

"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."  Hamlet,
     Act IV. Sc. 5. William Shakespeare

Offline Doug

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 11:25:50 AM »
Believe it or not almonds also act like asprin if you take a hand full.   I have also heard good things about  capsium.  You can ingest it as well as apply topically. I can't tell you the dose on it though.  You should be able to finerds something on the internet.

Offline gunfix_r

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 07:32:15 PM »
Thank you for your input!  I will check into both your replies......
There are more things on this planet with fangs, claws, poisons, and scales than there are things that are warm, fuzzy, and full of love.  Its a simple fact.    MAA  James Keating

Justice don't come often,  but now and then it shows up for a second or two,  helped along by a good trigger finger.   

Offline c0int0nd96a

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 02:02:57 AM »
Well, from what I think, I do not think there is going to be any natural solution other than Ayurveda for treating your apparent shoulder problem. It appears that you have already damaged your shoulder to a certain extent too much to get a natural pain killer. Anyway, if you are looking for smooth shoulder movement and all, I advise you to get yourself a glucosamine supplement as it helps in building up synovial fluid between joints!
hello to all

Offline Qommon

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2013, 11:54:25 AM »
I have a suggestion, but it is illegal in many localities. If you are interested in learning more send me a private message.

Offline Alston

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 11:51:05 PM »
Avoiding nutrition advice, Not drinking enough water, Drinking diet soda and beverages, Eating off larger plates, Choosing white bread...

Algonquin Personal Trainer
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 12:20:55 AM by Alston »
Premier Fitness Solutions
1445 Merchant Dr,
Algonquin, Illinois,
USA,  60102-5917
PHONE# (224) 678-9060

Offline gunfix_r

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 06:59:57 PM »
Well, from what I think, I do not think there is going to be any natural solution other than Ayurveda for treating your apparent shoulder problem. It appears that you have already damaged your shoulder to a certain extent too much to get a natural pain killer. Anyway, if you are looking for smooth shoulder movement and all, I advise you to get yourself a glucosamine supplement as it helps in building up synovial fluid between joints!

I have no idea why I haven't thought of that.  Something I already knew.