Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Its my time to evolve!  (Read 58647 times)

Offline MrWinchell

• Hunter
    • View Profile
Its my time to evolve!
« on: March 09, 2010, 10:15:00 PM »
I am starting step one tomorrow. I recently quit drinking (2/20/10) and starting exercising daily (3/4/10). This seems like next big step towards a happier healthier life.  I am 29 5'11 193lbs. I would not call myself fat but I am by no means skinny. My 53 year old father is an overweight, diabetic life long alcoholic who is very likely to lose his foot in the coming months. This will not happen to me! It is my hope that this diet combined with exercise and sobriety will not only keep me physically healthy but also help provide the inner peace I have been searching for.
"Those who give up freedom for security, deserve neither"--Ben Franklin

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius

He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man. -- Samuel Johnson

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Its my time to evolve!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 09:00:42 AM »
Best of luck to you!! I am very proud that you have stepped out of your hole and started a new life!! My father is a recovering alcoholic, but was drinking for so long that he has done permanent damage to himself. Throwing up blood, Severe Liver Damage etc...  Its a terrible thing to watch someone suffer, what makes its more tragic is that they chose that path.

I am looking forward to hearing of your progress!! I hope you find your niche here  ;D

-Laura
"In War, Victory. in Peace, Vigilance. in Death, Sacrifice"

"When you take civilization away from man you don't have man without civilization, you have an entirely different animal" -Simon Clark's "Blood Crazy"

"Time is the king of men, he's both their parent, and he is their
     grave, and he gives them what he will, not what they crave."
     Pericles, Act II. sc.3. William Shakespeare

"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."  Hamlet,
     Act IV. Sc. 5. William Shakespeare

Offline MrWinchell

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 03:59:16 PM »
Thank you for the support.

I woke up this morning and drank a glass of water and then proceeded to take my morning bike ride. I didn't really feel any different not having breakfast but I do have a dull headache that seems to be lingering. Not sure if this is due to no eating or not having the caffeine I am use to. I have been grazing on blueberry's and unsalted Cashews and they seem to be giving me enough energy to do my job.

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius

He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man. -- Samuel Johnson

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 06:01:28 PM »
I'm glad your first day went well!! some people will say that the headache is because your body is cleansing itself of the toxins. I'm not sure what it is, but it will pass. I guess it may be a sort of "withdrawl" symptom from unhealthy foods... that i think is a good explination of that theory.

Fruits and Mixed nuts are my favorite snack. During my workout and after my workout I make a light snack of them, it helps me to stay energentic. 

I myself have a hard time waking up and drinking a glass of water, I always have to brush my teeth first or else I get this stagnant, gritty feeling in my mouth  :-X 

have a wonderful rest of the week!
-Laura

"When you take civilization away from man you don't have man without civilization, you have an entirely different animal" -Simon Clark's "Blood Crazy"

Offline MrWinchell

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 05:48:11 PM »
So far so good. I had chicken breast, Carrots and a hard boiled egg for dinner last night. I woke up this morning and drank a glass of water and went for my morning bike ride. I have been grazing on walnuts,almonds,Avocado slices and drinking diluted cranberry/pomegranate juice.  I am feeling pretty good about this diet so far. I am preparing steamed broccoli and a top sirloin steak for my feast.

Offline MrWinchell

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 12:56:57 AM »
I just finished eating a meal (Steak & Steamed Broccoli) with my hands for the first time in my life and I must say I enjoy with my hands. I also made it a point to smell my food before each bite and I am amazed at the results. I do not think I have ever really experienced my food before. I am two days into the diet and I have not strayed from the diet in any way. No dairy,pasta or bread. I have not even been tempted to eat these foods. In fact while grocery shopping today I found myself feeling a little depressed. Less than 10% of the food items for sale seemed fit for human consumption. I found myself staring at 14 inch tall chocolate Easter bunny wondering what the heck are people thinking. What the heck was I thinking for the past 15 years?

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 04:33:06 AM »
Congrats on the the new life.

I'm a caffine junkie, I'll admit it. But, I am cutting down. One thing I've noticed about this diet is that I have more energy and get less sleepy during the day, so I need caffine less and less.

Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline MrWinchell

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 09:44:01 AM »
Yes caffeine can be a hard one to kick. I myself still enjoy a small cup of caffeinated tea in the middle of the day but I have been avoiding coffee.

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 10:15:05 AM »
The headache is  completely normal...... your  bodies reaction to flushing out all the junk!!!

Keep up the  good work..... you'll be feeling top notch by about day 7 :)

Nicki

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 04:07:57 PM »
great to hear everyone is feeling better!! This is a truly amazing lifestyle, makes me wonder what makes it so difficult for others to try it out. It works and we are proof of that  :D

Offline MrWinchell

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2010, 04:33:34 PM »
Another great morning. I am feeling better everyday. I woke up this morning and drank a big glass of water and then I went for my morning bike ride. I rode twice as far as I have in the previous week with half the fatigue. Not feeling satisfied with the work out I was receiving I changed my riding route to one with more hills. I did not eat any breakfest but I did consume a hard boiled egg and a small glass of watered down juice after my ride. As it stand right now I have lost 4 lbs in 3 days  ;D

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 07:58:16 PM »
wonderful!!!  :D

way to go keep on getting it!

Offline MrWinchell

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 02:17:24 PM »
For dinner last night I wilted two large handful's of Mustard green's and mixed them with a slice of turkey bacon and one organic egg. It was very good.
I woke up this morning and downed my glass of water and went for my morning ride. I took my wife's youngest son (12) with me today. It was his first time riding a tadpole recumbent bike and he loved it. I took him to a local off road trail and we rode for about an hour. I am sure he will be asking to go again next weekend. Good times!

Offline MrWinchell

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2010, 07:28:56 PM »
I have a question concerning my weight loss. As of yesterday I was down to 191lbs from 195lbs after 3 days. Today I am showing 188lbs on the same scale. That is 7lbs in 4 days! Is it healthy to lose weight this fast?

Offline Tony Bondioli

• Tribal Moderator
  • Warrior
  • Be strong in spirit & equal to our Fathers of old.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2010, 08:02:31 PM »
An initial, rapid weight loss isn't uncommon, but after a week or so, you should only be losing 1-2 pounds per week.  More than that, and it's likely that you're losing considerable muscle mass in addition to fat.  If you find this happening, try consuming more calories and increasing strength/muscle building exercise.
RN, B.Sc. Health Promotion and Wellness. Public Health Nurse serving a Great Lakes Native American tribe. Husband and father. Lousy at cards, but with a fair singing voice. Good to have around when the excrement hits the rotating cooling apparatus.

"I worshipped dead men for their strength, forgetting I was strong."  (Vita Sackville-West)

“I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with the potential of a superman. I'm living on.”  (David Bowie)

"Man fears the beast within the wolf, because he does not understand the beast within himself."  (Turtle Island Alphabet)

"Seek not only to follow in the footsteps of the men of old; seek the things they sought."  (Basho)

"[Primal man] is of the soil... he fits into the landscape, for the hand that fashioned the continent also fashioned the man for his surroundings."  (paraphrasing Luther Standing Bear)

Offline MrWinchell

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2010, 08:20:20 PM »
I will keep an eye on my weight and your advice in mind. I want to be healthy not skinny.

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 09:02:26 PM »
I want to be healthy not skinny.

Try telling that to my sister!! we work out together and my goal is to get back up to 130lbs and i'm 125lbs now. She will not stop the whole "but you'll be fat if you do that" fit... All I have in retaliation to that is "not if the gain is all muscle" and then she gets on me for being a "body builder" hahaha its ridiculous some of the conversations I have with her.  ::)

Offline MrWinchell

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2010, 05:25:17 PM »
I am feeling great! I am sleeping better and thinking clearer. I am very happy  with this lifestyle and I can see myself living any other way now that I have experienced it. I would like to thank all of you who have taken an interest in my progress for your support.

Offline MrWinchell

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2010, 05:26:32 PM »
Ooops... Type O - Cant see myself living any other way.

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2010, 06:24:45 PM »
I am happy to hear that you are doing so well  ;D

Offline MrWinchell

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2010, 06:56:43 PM »
A bad migraine headache sent me home from work early last night and messed up my whole meal and exercise schedule. ???

I am unable see well i am not able to drive with a migraine so I had to get my wife to pick me up from work. I work swing shift so my wife was already asleep when I called her to pick me up at 22:30. Long story short she was to tired to cook and I was unable to see well enough to cook for myself so we wound up stopping on the way home and picking up a low carb hamburger from a fast food restaurant. This really bummed me out I did not want to eat fast food but I didn't have many other options at 23:00. I usually cook myself a fresh meal as soon as I get home from work.

I wound up sitting on the couch in pain all night. I was not able to get to sleep until around 4:30 and the sleep I did get was very light. Not having enough rest I wound up sleeping in and losing some of my exercise time.  Ohh well.......

Offline MrWinchell

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2010, 07:08:57 PM »
That low carb burger had no buns. Like me! I also ordered it with no cheese. In retrospect I probably should have ordered it with no sauce. I just wound up wiping it all off anyway.

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 09:08:46 AM »
i understand the having to make the stop at a fast food joint in the middle of the night... done it quite a few times. You did good though giving your choices!! Don't feel too bad about it, theres always room for a little slip up every now and again  ;D

Offline MrWinchell

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2010, 09:16:03 PM »
What a beautiful day! I may have pushed myself a little to hard on my bike ride today. My thighs are feeling very sore.  Tonight is the end of my first week on the diet and the numbers are in! I have dropped from 195lbs to 186lbs.

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2010, 09:11:59 AM »
wow a 9lbs drop in 1 week!!! You have done incredibly well!!  :D