Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: No More Allergies!!  (Read 6745 times)

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
No More Allergies!!
« on: January 27, 2010, 05:46:40 AM »
I heard from my acupuncturist a few years ago that eating a tablespoon of locally cultivated honey will ward off allergies and other sicknesses. Been trying it out for a few months and voila! what do you know! During the peak seasons for allergies I was sneeze, cough, watery eye free!! 

I've also found that honey is a great astringent and works wonders on your skin!!  :D
"In War, Victory. in Peace, Vigilance. in Death, Sacrifice"

"When you take civilization away from man you don't have man without civilization, you have an entirely different animal" -Simon Clark's "Blood Crazy"

"Time is the king of men, he's both their parent, and he is their
     grave, and he gives them what he will, not what they crave."
     Pericles, Act II. sc.3. William Shakespeare

"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."  Hamlet,
     Act IV. Sc. 5. William Shakespeare

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
Re: No More Allergies!!
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 12:27:35 PM »
..... as well as tasting great of course...... just about the only sweet thing i can find to cook with :)

Nicki

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 08:19:24 AM »
just about the only sweet thing i can find to cook with :)

I found a natural sweetener at my local holistic food store, Agava (sp?) Cactus. I haven't tried it yet but I hear that its very flowery in taste. Could go great making some cranberry relish for turkey dinner...  ;D
"In War, Victory. in Peace, Vigilance. in Death, Sacrifice"

"When you take civilization away from man you don't have man without civilization, you have an entirely different animal" -Simon Clark's "Blood Crazy"

"Time is the king of men, he's both their parent, and he is their
     grave, and he gives them what he will, not what they crave."
     Pericles, Act II. sc.3. William Shakespeare

"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."  Hamlet,
     Act IV. Sc. 5. William Shakespeare

Offline c0int0nd96a

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 11:09:25 PM »
Well, I couldn’t agree more! What your acupuncturist has said is very much true. Honey is said to have many medicinal properties apart from the taste. One thing that you can be sure of is the fact that honey gets rid of many illnesses such as cold, sneezing, cough and watery eyes. I guess that is why many ancient herbal remedies recommend honey as the suitable medicine for many ailments! Besides, those who care their skin can find honey very wonderful!
hello to all

Offline Vix83

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2010, 01:55:55 AM »
Will definately try that this spring (seems a long way off looking at the snow this morning though! ;) ) I've got some lovely honey from just 2 miles up the road. It was something my homeopath recomended several years ago, but I never did it because I always forgot to start before the hayfever season started then just turned to over the counter remedies for convenience on the worst days.

I also think when you have the sniffles or a sore throat you can't beat good old fashioned hot water, honey and lemon/lime to drink. Sometimes I throw in some root ginger and chilli too to really get the furnace going!

Offline camilajerry

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 05:29:42 AM »
I used petroleum jelly when my lips get dry. As a moisturizer you can also use this for that problem. I hope this works.
camila