Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Weight gain in stage one  (Read 3710 times)

Offline AnnabelBerry

• Cub
    • View Profile
Weight gain in stage one
« on: August 20, 2014, 02:00:20 AM »
Hi,
I am new to the forum and three days into the caveman diet. I am eating unsalted nuts, raw vegetables and a couple of pieces of fruit in the day with quite a large meal (but no sweet) in the evening. I am hungry during the day but am holding out for the one meal.
So I did a weigh check today just to see if I was on track. I was not expecting massive loss but wasn't expecting a 6 pound weight gain!
Please give me some reassurance that it will improve. I know it is early days but I am feeling very down since I struggle with my weight and am keen to find something that is long term but also good health wise. A friend of mine has been very successful on caveman so I felt very positive about it, not so sure now. :'(

Thanks,
Annie.

Offline muttawaffa

• Cub
    • View Profile
Re: Weight gain in stage one
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 01:40:32 PM »
I'm no dietitian, but i think it would be almost impossible to gain 6lb in only 3 days, that would mean you've consumed 21,00 calories more than you have  burnt off. It's more likely that when you originally weighed yourself  you were at  a particular low weight as your weight naturally fluctuates during the day and when you weighed yourself on the second occasion you were at a high point, or maybe your scales are  faulty. Pretty sure if you stick with it you will lose weight, good luck 

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
Re: Weight gain in stage one
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2014, 12:46:44 PM »
Just weigh once a week at the same time of day, and using the Same scales. Some do put on a little on stage one because they eat a massive portion for their feast.