Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: First week of Stage 1  (Read 37398 times)

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
Re: First week of Stage 1
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2014, 12:08:02 PM »
Well, had checkup with doc today and weight was actually 230 pounds.  Blood pressure was 124/57- which blew me away.  He and I looked at my 6 month history and I couldn't believe I was 289 pounds on 12/14/13 so I am down nearly 60 pounds since then but 46 since starting this diet.  Also went to buy new jeans as I had a 42-44 inch waist but 36" jeans fit perfectly and hope by end of next month, 34" jeans will be a reality.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 01:46:59 PM by Storm5 »

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2014, 01:57:12 PM »
Howdy, it has been about a month and has been business as usual.  Eating very paleo ...eating a whole rotisserie chicken(yes, organic) with vegetables shortly:))) for dinner.  Have incorporated Crossfit and body is craving extra protein so starting to add a piece of chicken when needed and a couple eggs as well.  Weight is down to 225 pounds and have had my cheat days once a week for past 3 weeks(which was mostly beer) but summer over, baby on the way and back to business.  Strength had increased and muscle mass has increased with the extra protein.  cut down on all the cardio and keep it simple..walk the dog routinely and do Crossfit 3 days a week.  I have had to constantly correct folks who ask what I am doing to diet as I have to explain, it is a lifestyle I adopted as the word "diet" itself implies something you can go on and go off of.  Since I got diagnosed with a small patch of psoriasis, I have gone mostly gluten free as well and it is almost completely cleared up with no meds, just diet.  Glad to see so many new faces getting after it.  

In short:
Start date 4/28/14:  276 pounds
Today 8/21/14:  225 pounds
Down 51 pounds in nearly 4 months
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 01:59:43 PM by Storm5 »

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2014, 06:47:09 PM »
Back again as I like to check in and see new faces, hear about success stories, and share any updates I have.  Fortunately, everything is status quo as my weight is in 223-225 range but again, I have been lifting and muscle has taken over.  I don't really get on a scale anymore because even though my weight has plateaued, my 36" jeans are loose and my body is growing.  Don't know if I want to get to 210lbs as I don't see muscle mass decreasing.  Again, I cannot believe what this Caveman has done for me physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. 

Anyone who has started Caveman and failed, I urge you to get back on the horse and give it a shot.  I admit, the first few weeks are brutal but if you can reach down within yourself, fight through the pain of undoing years of bodily dietary damage, you can succeed.  Dont feel sorry for yourselves as the knowledge base is simple, the diet is simple, the mental part is the toughest.

Please PM me if you are truly struggling with getting a grip on the diet as you have seen where I started and where I am now.  I only want to help and I am amazed that my journey has been viewed over 3000 times but only one person has sent me a message for advice.  That's what we are here for

Offline Gomez2012

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2014, 08:28:30 AM »
Thank you for sharing your wonderful success and that is one reason why I am doing this and have my husband doing it also.  I hope to post our story as we go along too.  This is only day two for us but so far so good.  I could tell last night I couldn't eat as much for dinner even though I wanted the food or thought I wanted it.  Tonight I am going back to gym after taking the summer off also so that will be a challenge for myself to get back into it.  Thank you again!!

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2014, 06:06:08 PM »
My pleasure and if my success can help both you and your husband, I feel like I did my job. 

Offline Gomez2012

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2014, 05:50:55 AM »
Well I am on my second week and I feel like I am going backwards.  I am only ounces away from start weight of last week.  I did start exercising this week and I do cardio for 30 mins and then the weights station for my arms and legs.  I'm not eating much during the day and night time is well okay I guess.  I'm not giving up but just concerned as I was hoping to lose weight not keep the weight on.  Any thoughts about the working out part or something I should do to switch things up.  Thank you for all your posts as it is encouragement. 

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2014, 08:11:28 PM »
I am going to send you a personal message as everyone is different and facing different challenges so please look at you inbox.  This way I can get an idea of what you are eating, when you are eating it, when u are exercising, etc..

Storm

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2014, 09:39:34 PM »
Just checking in and weighing in at 223 pounds...fluctuating up and down 2-3 pounds a given week.  Getting strong as an ox with Crossfit and loving life!  Happy to see all the new faces and hearing about the successes happening every day. 

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2014, 12:34:27 PM »
Checking in again...weight is good at 223-225 still but veins are popping out, even on my calf muscles(lol..no varicose veins) and everywhere else.  I do have another 15 pounds to get to my new goal of 210 pounds and I start on Monday, 11/10.  Just need to eliminate gluten free treats I have every night, reduce cheat days to one "fat Saturday or Sunday, and do more cardio as I have really done crossfit only and 3 times a week.  I even stopped walking the dog, which I feel terrible about because he looks like he gained a few pounds;).  Gonna hop back on treadmill each morning and see how far I can push this diet as I can still grab fat around belly.  With that being said, weight stabilized, muscle growing, fat loss still occurring but need to dial it up.  It really is just a way of life and makes life is even better as we welcomed a new daughter a month ago and my wife and 3 yr old girl know how I eat and are the best supporters.  We always eat as a family except I make my own food.  
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 05:21:03 PM by Storm5 »

Offline DaveR

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2014, 04:28:39 PM »
Hi Storm!

Wow! You've really inspired me to jump into this Caveman diet. Thank's a lot!

I'm going to create my own diary thread to track progress and stay motivated and accountable! Hope you're still online to ask a question or two along the way!

When you started with 4 to 5 days of cardio, what did that consist of? 25mins of running or walking or cycling etc? Also, did you find you had the energy to exercise the same even though you weren't eating as much? Also, how much food were you eating in the first week? 500g of almonds and 3 apples per day for example?

Thanks a lot!

Dave

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2014, 04:20:46 PM »
Hey Dave,

Welcome and get ready for a fun ride!  Feel free to private message me any questions outside the threads.

Ok, cardio for me was literally 20-30 minutes of walking...nothing else but walking and I made sure I did it in the mornings on an empty stomach.  For food, I didn't really do exact amounts as I grazed on almonds and berries, meaning a small handful of each when I was hungry.

Just reading over and I didn't start eating apples until I started Crossfit and ate as a postworkout meal but now I graze on maybe one a day at most.

Look forward to seeing your progess
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 06:20:57 PM by Storm5 »

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2014, 05:19:55 PM »
Well, no major changes as weight is around 225 and time to step it up.  I have been slacking but my workouts negate any slacking- by slacking, I mean not always doing paleo meals but mixing it up every couple days.  I spoke to my wife and got her approval to take it to the next level with eating super strict paleo meals and no sweets.  I said this before but my body is ready...I feel strong..I feel angry...I feel determined like never before as I am not satisfied with how much wight I have lost. 

Starting Monday, 11/10, I will be back on berries, eggs, paleo protein powder, and all paleo meals only as this is going to be the biggest challenge yet.  Over the course of this entire diet, I always had a meal or two and a couple gluten free treats but the treats are going away.  Even enjoyed more beer than I wanted but over it.   Will start cycle all over from stage 3 on Monday, list my new starting weight, and update accordingly.  Will use the weekend to fine tune my planning for meals, water intake, etc.(even though i am drinking 2 gallons a day.  I have found that when I don't eat strict paleo, my moods change in a negative way even though I am adding muscle and getting in great shape.  Total daily cleanse and 100% paleo- no hybrid meals anymore.  Again, I didn't think I wanted to get lower than 225 and set a new goal of 215 pounds.  My body and mind are ready for Caveman Extreme as I call it so wish my luck and update coming Monday.

Bottom line, if I did strict paleo for past month, I would be at least 5-7 pounds lighter.  Wish me luck!

Offline DaveR

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2014, 08:12:13 PM »
Awesome! Best of luck Storm!!! You'll nail it! ;D

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2014, 08:33:07 PM »
Just checking in as it has been a couple weeks...been pretty strict but still one cheat day a week to trick my body, creating a major caloric intake and increasing BMR.  Experimenting and it seems to work...my cheat day is not pizza or beer and junk food but gluten free snacks.  My body seems to burn fat quicker that way.  I eat paleo 6 days a week and feel clean...feel great.  Weighed in at 222 today and going in a BodPod in 2 days to measure bodyfat as this is the most accurate way and it is being done at a division 1 sports university.  While my weight has dropped a couple pounds, my body looks totally different due to crossfit so from now on, I will be getting bodyfat measured every few weeks.  Through more thorough research, the scale is no longer the best indicator and bodyfat analysis is more concrete.  Will update bodyfat percentage later this week as I am at a different level of fitness and one that needs to be measured on a different level.

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2014, 08:01:09 PM »
Well..bodyfat test was cancelled last week as I was in Buffalo and university was closed so no update on bodyfat.  Weigh 222 pounds...this time last year I was 284...down 62 pounds and loving life.  It's funny how at my crossfit classes in the morning, people talk about what they ate before class...how they ate too much.  I love it because I did my usual of a few pints of water and still able to fight through and progress.  Never thought I would be able to constantly push my body to complete muscle failure on an empty stomach but now it is routine. 

This board has been super quiet and I am sure nobody is jumping on board during the holidays but if you are someone who is thinking about it, enjoy your junk foods and booze for holidays and make a Caveman resolution starting the January 2nd as many will be hungover on the first and I always consider that final cheat.  Now I hope there is a crossfit class that day;)!

I will start a thread on January 2nd asking for people to take control of their bodies and start a journey that will lead to improved health, well being, and abs;)

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2014, 08:25:42 PM »
Well, got sick as a dog and was bedridden for nearly a week..gained 4 pounds from 223 to 227 pounds.  Couldn't do any exercise but still managed to eat caveman style...had a few days where I had no choice but to eat carbs as I was too weak for strict paleo.  Most of my weight gain was water but I gained  probably a pound or two of fat due to being so sedentary but went to crossfit on Friday and feeling a bit better...just in a weakened state.  Ready for vacation in 5 days where I get to do nothing but exercise and eat like a caveman machine!

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2015, 03:01:05 PM »
Well, weight is maintained at 227 pounds but muscle has taken over majority of weight.  Will work on getting shredded in March with June goal do 215 pounds.  Ultimate goal is to be 8% bodyfat but again, if it takes my down to 205lbs to get there, I will. 

Glad to see all the new faces...wait, haven't seen anyone in months.  So sad to see when this lifestyle is so good to live.  Will check in as usual to see if anyone wants to change their lives for the better...as usual..feel free to PM me if you r more comfortable.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 03:03:14 PM by Storm5 »

Offline Storm5

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2015, 08:48:12 PM »
Still hovering around 227lbs....took a week off of exercise and ate a few more carbs..gained 9 pounds which came off in 3 days.  Doing my first Crossfit competition in a month so gonna maintain until shred mode sets in;).  Nice to see all the new faces...oh wait, those are just spammers