Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: I feel like a new person- down 67lbs and off all my medicine  (Read 7775 times)

Offline Socaldiver

• Cub
    • View Profile
I feel like a new person- down 67lbs and off all my medicine
« on: November 05, 2013, 05:44:32 AM »
Hello Everyone,

I started my journey back in April as a friend of mine told me about it this diet as a better way to eat. I have applied his recommendation of the 80/20 rule and it has served me well. I have struggle with many different diets that just caused me to go up and down with my weight. But this one WORKS. I no longer consider it a diet, more as a way of life, habit, style of eating. I am amazed at how easy it is to eat well, amazing delicious foods. It does cost alot more but its worth every penny. I had my annual check up yesterday and the Dr asked what I was doing. I said I am eating like a caveman, and running/cycling 15 miles a week and hitting the gym. His first response was caveman didn't live that long and I don't think it sustainable but he smiled and said keep it up. My blood pressure was normal, my cholesterol, sugar levels, etc they were all within range, little did he know I stopped taking my meds about 3 months ago to try an experiment to see what the food I was eating would do for my body when it came time to do blood work. His only recommendation was to take 2000IU of vitamin D everyday and baby aspirin. What do you all think about baby aspirin vitamin D or any other natural vitamin?

My jeans went from a size 46 to a 38 and they are now getting too big : )
My shirts went from a 3XL and 2XL down to a XL and now they are getting too big :)
I have removed all my big cloths and got them out of the house, now slowly have to restock. I don't ever want to see those sizes in my closet again.

My energy is through the roof, I feel like million bucks, I am so motivated to keep going.
My goal was to drop 100lb's I have lost 67lb, and have only 33lbs to go, man the light at the end of the tunnel looks so close. When I first started the tunnel looked very long and dark.
I started at 306 and now I am 239 and at my wedding weight which was 15 years ago. I have been unhealthy and over weight for 15+ years.

Thank you all who have advise me, lifted me up when I fell, and keep me going.

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
Re: I feel like a new person- down 67lbs and off all my medicine
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 06:10:07 AM »
Bravo..... Very inspiring !.......keep it up :)

Offline UggMan

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 03:32:00 PM »
That is so awesome! I love hearing these success stories! It helps me to keep going! I have only been on it a little over a month and have lost 27 lbs. Only 32 more to go and I will be happy. The energy I have is amazing, not to mention the (feeling of well being) that I feel. I stopped my BP meds about a week ago and my BP has been a steady normal.  Good luck to you and your healthy and happy new life!
*** It's not in falling down but getting back up that matters ***

Offline Ofthegrave

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 11:23:43 PM »
I'm proud of you even if we dont know eachother! Keep doing what you know is best for you even if people think you are a weirdo for not having the same society habit of everyone!

Dont give up! life is better when healty!

Ben.

Offline cowley

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 11:46:08 AM »
Wowza! That's fantastic, a massive well done to you! Keep up the good work. Inspirational or what?!!

Steve
Humpty Dumpty was pushed!

Offline treasure pius

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 09:02:23 AM »
Yeah! Life is better when healthy