Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Suggestion Box  (Read 130325 times)

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
Suggestion Box
« on: March 26, 2008, 06:31:56 PM »
The Suggestion Box

This thread is for making suggestions about the Caveman Power Website.  Please consider the following before making a suggestion(s);

• Does it get to the point? And avoid unnecessarily long dialogue?
  • Does the suggestion compliment the spirit of the website?  i.e. helping other humans, finding the truth, etc.
  • Is the suggestion well though out, and backed up with solid reasoning?
  • Does the suggestion unnecessarily disadvantage anyone?

If you have considered the points mentioned above and you believe that you have a viable suggestion, please post it   :)
"Be true to your biology"

Offline Lone_woLf

• Cub
    • View Profile
    • GOING SANE
Re: Suggestion Box
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 09:16:23 AM »
Overall I am very impressed with your website. I've had problems with sticking with a paleolithic diet, your three stage proposal might help me overcome the inertia.

Okay enough of the roses, I also have some thorns.

I may seem like a Grammar Nazi, but it takes away from the legitimacy of the site, I feel. On the stage three page, in the first paragraph, you write: "You would of lost excess weight, optimised your energy levels, and sharpened your mind."  The first part should read: 'You would have lost excess weight...'.

I am making this last suggestion in complete ignorance of Australian and International law on this matter. All I know is Americans are more litigious than other countries and if this were an American website, you would be at risk, so at least look into it. For your protection, I think you should have some statement that says to the effect of "this is not intended to cure disease (I know it will) talk to your doctor if you have a chronic medical condition". That's what all the websites say, we don't want anyone going into a diabetic coma and coming after you.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we’re liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

--Marianne Williamson

Offline Lone_woLf

• Cub
    • View Profile
    • GOING SANE
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 09:24:56 AM »
Also the CAVEMANFORUM has a place in the forum where we can post progress reports, having that here might be a benefit to your website and give you testimonials.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we’re liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

--Marianne Williamson

Offline Matt Emery

• Administrator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
    • Caveman Power
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 02:53:41 PM »
Thanks Lone Wolf - I'll fix the grammar  :-[

I'll see what I can do about a comprehensive progress chart/report facility!  That's an excellent idea.
"Be true to your biology"

Offline elitesoldier

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 06:30:18 PM »
i dont know about you but videos are my form of motivation. maybe im not looking heard enough but you should let people download their own workout clips so we can all look at how we are working out and if we are doing things right. i dont know about you but i love it when someone helps me with my form and workouts. im not say some hour long video but video clips. to me its like everyone here can critque eachother. thats why we all are here right? ;D
"Not For the Weak or Faint Hearted"
"Pain is temporary, Pride last forever"
"Suck it up, ruck up, change your socks, and drive on"

Offline mrmartin1121

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 08:45:17 AM »
MORE CHATTER! I've been coming to this site for a couple of weeks now, and it feels like a ghost town.

Offline elitesoldier

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2009, 05:10:52 PM »
you are deff right...this place is beyond quiet......i thought we were cave men we should be LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Not For the Weak or Faint Hearted"
"Pain is temporary, Pride last forever"
"Suck it up, ruck up, change your socks, and drive on"

Offline WarriorPrincess

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 03:57:32 AM »
I would love for this site to have a cellphone-friendly version.  Most of the time I spend on this site is spent on my phone, and though I have no trouble reading the forums, the static pages are difficult to see and navigate. Also, while surfing on my phone, I am unable to login, make posts or reply to posts.  Of course, it may not be worth the added cost and effort though.  Mobile surfing is on the rise, but the numbers are still low.  Just a thought. ;D

Offline pandorum

• Cub
    • View Profile
    • paleoplanet
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 10:20:35 PM »
hi
first off all I really love this site
great info
BUT there are some things I miss
first an introduction section would be nice I think
just intended for the newcomers to say hi and introduce themselves

and second , maybe a section before/after would be great
its amazing how much people talk without saying something

Offline BigKhanz

• Hunter
  • 100% Barbarian (in the Alaskan White Mountains)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 12:50:20 PM »
Looking over the threads, Ive noticed a huge number of "new to the tribe" and "newbie looking for advice" type threads. Seems like there are tons of these threads.

Maybe they could have their own section to better enable more experienced tribe members to help them out. It would also reduce clutter in the existing sections, making it easy to find topics Im actually interested in.
Guys like me aren't born this way, actually we're not born at all. We're hatched from vulture eggs left in the sun, then raised by Wolves...

Offline BigKhanz

• Hunter
  • 100% Barbarian (in the Alaskan White Mountains)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 09:10:19 PM »
Dude, are you trying to sell stuff in the suggestion box?
Guys like me aren't born this way, actually we're not born at all. We're hatched from vulture eggs left in the sun, then raised by Wolves...

Offline Catrina

• Scout
    • View Profile
    • Twitter!
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2012, 06:48:56 AM »
A suggestion would be to switch out (unless it is used a lot) or add:

Twitter in lieu of ICQ, MSN Messenger?

Or any other social networking sites people may use.

Thanks!

Offline MrChris

• Hunter
  • Stupid is as stupid does... -Forest Gump-
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, 02:44:46 PM »
Has anyone suggested putting a Paleo Cookbook link on here yet...?  I think that might be a good idea.

Offline Jana

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, 02:59:01 PM »
You have my support. And an occasional contribution. Right now I still need to learn.
I've tried with edible plants but I guess most of you buy food.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 03:01:18 PM by Jana »
Cavewoman since March 8 2012.

Offline MrChris

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, 03:02:53 PM »
I'm game also, I think I can add a few things, but certainly not an entire cookbook full...! 

Offline Steve91911

• Cub
  • "No more wheat belly."
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2012, 10:11:01 PM »
I would like to see a quiz or survey to take in the beginning to see how much we know (or don't know) about food, exercise and health in general. Then at certain points in our journey retake it and see what we've learned. Reading on this site everyday and experiencing what my body and mind are going through has been very educational for me. It may also tie in with the progress page mentioned below by Lone_Wolf. Steve
So here's to taking back control of my life, away from food. I understand that its necessary to eat for survival, and that's what I want to cut back to..enough to survive.

Offline MrChris

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2012, 04:01:15 PM »
Great suggestion Steve.  The only problem is, there are so many different opinions on the "right" answer to food questions.  I'm not sure that we would get very good feedback all of the time.  I'm friends with a nurse, who's also a nutritionist and she says that there are just too many different ideas out there to do something like that.  You'd expect someone like that to be an "expert", but if you go to another nutritionist and explain your story, tell them your history and weight goals, they might come up with a completely different idea of what to do or not to do, when it comes to food...
I don't know...

Offline Steve91911

• Cub
  • "No more wheat belly."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 05:44:56 PM »
Chris,

You're probably right, besides cavemen didn't take surveys, did they? :)

Now with over a month into this lifestyle change, I"m remembering all those times I thought that I was a failure for not being able to stick to the USDA's Food Pyramid. As of this morning, following this site's suggestions, I'm 10 pounds lighter than when I started, have more stamina, am influencing those around me to eat healthier, etc. I'm happy! (I'd be happy whether or not they were influenced by me, that's a bonus)

Steve
So here's to taking back control of my life, away from food. I understand that its necessary to eat for survival, and that's what I want to cut back to..enough to survive.

Offline MrChris

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 12:53:38 PM »
Nicely done Steve!  Congrats on the changes, that's awesome!!  :D  Keep up the good work and keep us updated as to how it's going, please and thank you. 

Offline Turdhat

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2012, 09:27:50 AM »
It is a breath of fresh air to see an informational website that is not selling some crap.
I start this Diet on Monday.  I have no suggestions yet.
I really just wanted to say how happy I am that all this info is out there and not for sale.

Offline MrChris

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2012, 01:10:10 PM »
I agree, I was a bit skeptical also when I first heard about this site, but when I saw that it's free, I was all for giving it a whirl.  I think this is pretty cool, I just wonder where Matt is these days...!

Offline Jana

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 12:05:45 PM »
It is a breath of fresh air to see an informational website that is not selling some crap.
I start this Diet on Monday.  I have no suggestions yet.
I really just wanted to say how happy I am that all this info is out there and not for sale.

How was your first week?
Cavewoman since March 8 2012.

Offline Cavedan

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2013, 03:06:18 AM »
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the website and new to Paleo/Caveman (so new that I haven't even started on Stage One as yet). I'm very impressed with the website and the information on it. This seems like my sort of thing.

However...

The grammar on the pages isn't spot on and I think decreases the overall quality or class of the website. They are only minor mistakes here and there but I think, if ironed out, changes to them would make the website even better than it already is.

Above it says not to go on too long in suggestion posts so if someone from Caveman Power would like to PM me, I would be happy to reply with the suggestions for change.

I really hope I don't sound like a boring and slightly smarmy so-and-so; especially with this being my first post (aaah don't hate me already ;) !) but I think it would be better for the website overall.

Regards,

Cavedan.

Offline Camron70

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2014, 03:59:54 AM »
Overall I am very impressed with your website. I've had problems with sticking with a paleolithic diet, your three stage proposal might help me overcome the inertia. :D 8)