Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: New Lifestyle.... Needing a huge weight lose!  (Read 84506 times)

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
New Lifestyle.... Needing a huge weight lose!
« on: September 15, 2011, 05:42:04 AM »
Hey Everyone,
I am going to be starting my new lifestyle on 9/19/11.  I have tried several diets in the past; the only one that was successful was Atkins.  But this will fit into my life a lot better.  I am 30 year old female 5’8” in height and I weigh 308 lbs.  My goal weight is 140 lbs, so I want to lose this 168 lbs. 

My questions are

Can this diet deliver that kind of results? 
What kind of time frame should I work towards?
Is there anything that anyone can recommend for that much of a weight lose?

I have been reading a lot of the posts but I don’t see anything about anyone losing a lot of weight (I might be reading in the wrong area).   
When I start Monday, I will post weekly if not daily to show everyone the progress and get more advice from all of you!!

Thanks for your advice in advance.
 :)

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: New Lifestyle.... Needing a huge weight lose!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 07:40:24 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
Yesterday morning, I weighed 307.4 lbs.  I started the lifestyle yesterday, everything went good.  My only problem was being tired, but I think that was from living on Mountain Dew for the past 10 years.  This morning I really didn't think I had lost anything from yesterday, but decided to weigh in anyways.  As of this morning I weigh 304.4, so I lost 3 pounds yesterday!!!!!!!  ;D  I didn't exercise of anything!!  Loving this lifestyle so far, I did have a little headache.  I am thinking it was caffenine withdrawls, but I was okay within a few hours.

Let me know what you think!!!
 :) ;D :o

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 09:49:57 AM »
Some paleos still enjoy coffee and/or  tea in moderation even if cavemen didn't drink it.

But just say no to the colas. There's like 16 teaspoons of sugar in a 12oz can.

Good to hear your coming along so well, keep up the good work.
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
  • Here to help :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 06:04:56 AM »
Once you give up the bad carbs completely, you'll find your energy levels soar :)

Keep up the good work...... your body says "well done"

Nicki

Offline Sammage

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 06:42:40 AM »
Great to hear its working for you. I used to drink a lot of coffee and tea but found out that Green tea has a small amount caffeine in it, so i drink that know and feel great. Getting away from your bad habits is the hardest part, I found but once that is cracked the weight just falls off.

Well done

Offline JGabbett

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 11:11:29 PM »
That's a wonderful start. I just found this site tonight and plan on getting started in the next few days, I want to lose 90 pounds myself.  Thanks for posting your results. I look forward to hearing more good results from you.

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2011, 12:37:21 AM »
My questions are

Can this diet deliver that kind of results? 
What kind of time frame should I work towards?
Is there anything that anyone can recommend for that much of a weight lose?

Mark had some people report losing that much weight. Both Mark's and Matt's diets are very similar versions of paleo diets.

Here ya go...
http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-book/success-stories/
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Luminary

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 04:15:23 AM »
Wow that's really fantastic Scorpio.  :D

Congratulations on changing your life. X
Bring out the Feast! >.<

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 08:45:44 AM »
Hey Everyone!!!!
I am on day five of the new lifestyle, and I have already lost 6 pounds.  :o  I feel GREAT!!!   :) My energy level has gone up to an unbelievable amount.  Weirdly, my skin is looking great; I didn’t really think my skin would be affected.  I have always had dry skin, really dry and crackly elbows, but not anymore.  I have not touched them with lotion, this is just this lifestyle.   I think my body needed water, because I never drank water before well not this much.  Overall, I love it so far.  I have been reading a lot about the diet and success stories.

:) :) :)Thank you to everyone for their responses; you don’t know how much it means to me.  :) :) :)

@ houmax, I do still have one cup of coffee in the morning, but I have started noticing that every day it seems like I don’t want it anymore. So I might give that up all together too shortly. I read those success stories they are really good motivators, and it is real people.  That website is great too, but I like this Forum a lot better.  ;)

@lilnicki, I finally think my body is starting to like me again.  My body feels different; I have been on a lot of diets before.  This is the first one that has made my body feel different in a GREAT way.  ;D

@sammage, I am giving up bad habits slowly because I don’t want to shock myself.  I think you are right though, those bad habits are really really bad!  :D

@JGabbet, I am glad you are starting too.  Please keep me posted on your results too.  I am going to try to give updates every Monday and Friday.   :) ;D

@Luminary, Thank you so much, I am going to keep posting great results.  If I run into a problem, I hope someone can help me on this forum.   ;D

Thanks Everyone!!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Begin weight: 308     :(
Current weight: 302  :o
Goal weight: 140  :)

Offline Sammage

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2011, 08:55:12 AM »
Well done Scorpio. Its great to read your enthusiasm ahead of the weekend starting. Don't be frightened of moving onto Stage 2 in a couple of weeks, thats when you will really feel the difference and appreciate the healthy foods you will start to eat.

I shall keep looking out for your progress.

Offline kenney

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2011, 09:20:56 AM »
if you want to hear stories about big weight loss check out the link below to marks daily apple they have a success story every friday and they are really inspiring. good luck on your journey.

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 06:11:14 AM »
Hey Everyone,
Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I was a little busy.  Over the weekend I didn't lose or gain, but that was my fault.  I didn't drink hardly any water, I really wasn't thristy.  As of today I have lost another pound!! Woo Hoo!! The weekend was really easy, I just keep busy. I feel great and I feel like I could run a mile.  Please let me know how the lifestyle is working out for you.

Begin weight: 308
Current weight: 301
Goal weight: 140 

Thank Everyone!!

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 12:52:48 PM »
As soon as your number starts with a "2" you'll feel amazing :)

Nicki

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 07:38:29 AM »
Hey Everyone,
I am feeling good, last week I lost down to 295 lbs, over the weekend I gained 6 lbs back.  I didn't drink any water over the weekend and really didn't stick to the lifestyle.  I suppose this happens every now and then, Monday morning I started back at 301 lbs.  As of today I am down to 298 lbs.  I am not doing that weekend thing again, I have also start phase 2 and I like it a lot better. 

Sorry for the late post, I have been busy with College homework, my job and children.

Beginning Weight: 308
Current Weight: 298
Goal Weight: 140   This goal weight is getting closer everyday.

I have a question for everyone, do you know what exercises I should start doing and the length of time?

Offline Lilnicki

• Tribal Moderator
  • Tribal Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 12:12:36 PM »
Do something that you would enjoy, so you're more likely to stick with it....... how about walking or swimming?

Nicki

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2011, 08:16:45 AM »
Hey Everyone,
As of today I am down to 296, and feeling good.  I started a new plan Monday and that was writing on the frig. what we were eating for the whole week.  This has helped so much, because I know that I am eating what I am suppose to.
Lilnicki-thanks for the advice, My son and I are going to start playing basketball, baseball and kickball in the afternoons.
Exercise at the moment is hard because I have so much college homework, but I will be graduating in 7 weeks, so then there is no excuses.  I am also going to start walking in the morning before I wake everyone up in the morning.  I think walking 30 minutes will be a good start to my morning.  What do you think?
I have also started telling myself every Monday morning, this week we are going to lose 5-10 pounds this week.

Start Weight: 308
Current Weight: 296
Goal Weight: 140

Thanks
Scorpio

Offline kenney

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 01:09:39 PM »
I jog/walk 3 mornings a week at 5:30am at first it was hard now its week 4 and I don't mind at all it feels good and wakes me up! I walk at lunch time and do yoga and zumba in the evenings I can't beleive the energy I have a year ago I was so lazy. Good luck to you on your weight loss journey, you will be on Marksdaily apple soon with your weight loss success :)

Offline Irishmist

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2011, 04:38:57 PM »
Wow, Well done. You doing a FAB job. I am starting this in 3-4 days time. Any tips would be great. I think I will try your Idea and write out a menu for the week .

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 08:55:21 AM »
Thanks, Kenny.  That was another question, do I walk every morning or every other morning?

Irishmist, the only advice I would say is remember no sugar, no salt, no grains, no dairy.  I probably say that three times before I actually eat something.  I hate salt so that was not hard to stop, but dairy and grains are so hard to stop.  Sugar is different, I like Dr. Pepper, but I hate candy. I am not a big cake or pie eater so those are easy to say no to.   Dr. Pepper on the other hand, I can see it and want it.  I am learning to say no, and reminding myself that Dr. Pepper makes me feel bad.  Now I probably drink 64-100 ounces of water a day. 
Second, if you cheat you are only cheating yourself. 

I also think this diet is easy because I did Atkins.  At night, I usually eat the things at the on here, but they are inflenced by Atkins.  The other day I did a carlorie counter and I had only eaten 450 calories for supper.  I am not sure if this is good or bad, but I dropped three pounds.
Let me know what you think.

Offline Scorpio

• Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2011, 07:00:58 AM »
Hey Everyone,
Well I am proud to annouce that I have lost 9.25 inches throughout my body, not much weight lose last week.  I am still feeling good, I haven't started exercising yet.  I am walking more at work on breaks and lunch.

Begin Weight: 308
Currect Weight: 293
Goal Weight: 140

Thanks
Scorpio
 ;D

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2011, 08:16:55 PM »
oh wow, you are doing wonderfully!! keep it up! It'll be well worth the effort!  8)

even something as simple as a walk up and down the street can help! I am 2 months post partum and carrying my son around has helped me lose some of my weight. it makes my arms burn!!  there are some very clever ways of getting a workout even if you want to stay in the house. like lifting laundry detergent bottles and scooting around in a rolly chair ( i do this with my son and it really works your legs)

best of luck to you on your journey!!  ;D
"In War, Victory. in Peace, Vigilance. in Death, Sacrifice"

"When you take civilization away from man you don't have man without civilization, you have an entirely different animal" -Simon Clark's "Blood Crazy"

"Time is the king of men, he's both their parent, and he is their
     grave, and he gives them what he will, not what they crave."
     Pericles, Act II. sc.3. William Shakespeare

"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."  Hamlet,
     Act IV. Sc. 5. William Shakespeare

Offline Falcon

• Hunter
  • Relearning how to live wild
    • View Profile
    • HubPages
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2011, 08:39:48 AM »
Hi Scorpio, it sounds like you're doing such a wonderful job.
I recently fell off the wagon big-time, for about six whole weeks, and now I feel so sick and lifeless. I keep wondering why I'm tired all the time and then realise it's the carbs I've been eating, the processed poison junk, sapping my energy.
I'm like you in that I really don't have time to exercise, but finding little ways of moving around is essential. I really need to build myself a standing desk for my University work in the evenings, I'm sure that will at least help my posture and stop my legs aching, if nothing else.

And as an additional motivator for you - I put a load of weight on during my six-week hiatus in the world of carbs and junk - so DON'T DO IT!!  :o

Falcon
No trees were harmed during the transmission of this message. However, several hundred electrons were temporarily inconvenienced.

Offline sabertec

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2011, 12:40:57 PM »
Hi scorpio

I have lost 60lbs ish in 6 - 8 months (sorry to be vague i dont weigh myself it makes it an issue)

My advice is stick with this as a lifestyle and you will get there.

good luck :)

Mark

Offline henke1967

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2011, 11:36:13 PM »
I'm only on day 2 of this but found it no problem at all. ideally i would like to lose about 70-80 lbs so a very long way to go but i'm determined to do it. so many times previous i have tried and fell away after doing really well. please make it happen this time.

well done scorpio on your weight loss so far.

Offline WanaBaCaveMan

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2011, 04:58:58 PM »
Reading thru the posts, I must give my congrats to Scorpio!It's tough losing.
I have had the BIGGEST battle trying to get onto an eating plan and see the results...after cruising this forum, I'm so EXCITED!!!!
Seems like there can be a substantial weight loss the first day or 2!!Now that's motivation!!

I was a little skeptical about the only nuts/fruit on the first phase..but seems to work!!!
Today is my first day, I had a successful day...gonna have a nice meal tonite....