Greetings astute traveller, this website now exists for historical reasons.

Much has been learned since 2006. I urge you to keep exploring the evolution of information through other websites.

Author Topic: Day 3 Stage 1  (Read 51483 times)

Offline MommyOf2

• Scout
  • I won't put off til tomorrow what I can do today!
    • View Profile
Day 3 Stage 1
« on: March 05, 2011, 11:01:27 AM »
Got on the scale this morning and down 3 pounds......can't explain that, probably water weight but the scale going down and not up is a good motivator.  Esp when I start to get hunger pangs!

Thanks all for always getting back to me with great advice!

Looking forward to this journey with all of you!

;D

Had some almonds and an apple thus far!  Drinking green tea.  Had 1/2 cup black coffee because I am in class and a little sleepy!
Mommyof2 :):)

Offline JohnnyC

• Cub
    • View Profile
Re: Day 3 Stage 1
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 11:12:52 AM »
keep it going im just starting too

Offline MommyOf2

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 05:27:37 AM »
GREAT!  We'll motivate each other.  I love your name.  Was my father's name.  "John (Johnny) Campbell"

I'm starting day 4 today.  Letcha know how it goes.  Keep me posted on your progress as well!

;D

Offline JohnnyC

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 05:29:42 AM »
well im just starting but im starting on stage 2 as i already eat healthy/paleo but yes will keep you motivated !

Offline MommyOf2

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2011, 07:00:08 PM »
Today had less hunger pangs than I've had the last 3 days.  And they didn't last as long.  I can't wait for them to go away all together.

Dinner-Had a salad with olive oil and balsamic and raw mushrooms.  Then, a chunk of roast and carrots. 
A little bit later I'll make a large green tea!

I didn't exercise today but had a good workout yesterday!

How did it go for you today?

Natalie

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 10:29:25 PM »
sounds like you are off to a great start!! when i was working out I would give my self a day in between to recoup, i found that I lost weight and built muscle more efficiently because I allowed myself time to have a good rest! keep it up!
"In War, Victory. in Peace, Vigilance. in Death, Sacrifice"

"When you take civilization away from man you don't have man without civilization, you have an entirely different animal" -Simon Clark's "Blood Crazy"

"Time is the king of men, he's both their parent, and he is their
     grave, and he gives them what he will, not what they crave."
     Pericles, Act II. sc.3. William Shakespeare

"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."  Hamlet,
     Act IV. Sc. 5. William Shakespeare

Offline JohnnyC

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2011, 10:35:08 PM »
im doing good judt 2 meals and got in a workout but getting quite hungry for snacks but didnt give in and went to bed .... lets see what today brings

Offline JohnnyC

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 07:48:25 AM »
well almost another day down day 2 stage 2 getting some pretty bad hunger pains round midday lunch time i suppose but it passed got myself some chicken breast and veg for my dinner tonight

Offline MommyOf2

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 09:26:03 AM »
SidheDrahoi- Oh that's great, i will try that.  1 day on 1 day off.  I'll workout today.  Although, I just started coming down with a bad sore throat and a little congestion.

Johnny C- Hang in there.  I know Stage 2 must be hard because stage 1 is, too.  Did you do stage 1 long enough to prepare for stage 2?  I read during stage 2 to drink a lot of water!  Because you are detoxing!

Dinner sounds great?  Enjoy it!!  ::)

Keep us posted on your day!

;D

Offline MommyOf2

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2011, 10:23:26 AM »
I just read that some ppl while fasting can get sore throats.....it's kinda coincidental since it came on so fast and so unexpectedly.  Anyone else get one? 

It's bearable so I am not going to take anything for it!

Also, in another post I had written that my knee had been really bothering me (runners knee) for about two weeks and I needed to really lay off of it for about 6-8 weeks for it to fully recover.  I  injured it cross-training! Well, it's been getting better, a lot better.  So, I looked up the benefits of interval fasting and it said that since the body doesn't have to work so hard to digest food all day, it then works hard on repairing damaged cells, tissue, etc.  WOW, I'm impressed!

If the healing continues at this rate, I should be back to running by the end of this week or so! Yippee

Offline houmax

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2011, 10:36:44 AM »
Gluten and inflamation seem to go hand in hand.

http://www.wholefoodstherapy.com/259

Some bicycle racing teams and runners are learning this and giving up the pre-race carb loading to avoid the pain.
http://hunter-gatherer.com/blog/team-garmin-goes-gluten-free-tour-de-france
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 10:46:15 AM by houmax »
Fight apathy, or not.

Hoon responsibly.

"The trouble with internet quotations is that most are just made up" - Abraham Lincoln

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2011, 11:37:47 AM »
I just read that some ppl while fasting can get sore throats.....it's kinda coincidental since it came on so fast and so unexpectedly.  Anyone else get one? 

It's bearable so I am not going to take anything for it!

Also, in another post I had written that my knee had been really bothering me (runners knee) for about two weeks and I needed to really lay off of it for about 6-8 weeks for it to fully recover.  I  injured it cross-training! Well, it's been getting better, a lot better.  So, I looked up the benefits of interval fasting and it said that since the body doesn't have to work so hard to digest food all day, it then works hard on repairing damaged cells, tissue, etc.  WOW, I'm impressed!

If the healing continues at this rate, I should be back to running by the end of this week or so! Yippee

awesome! That must be a breath of fresh air! only think i've hurt training was my shoulder, but thats because I get a bit overzealous with my shoulder workouts (I have a crazy obsession with shoulder muscles haha) my husband has a bad knee though, do you have a website/link on interval fasting? i may have him take a look at it and see if hes interested in it.

"When you take civilization away from man you don't have man without civilization, you have an entirely different animal" -Simon Clark's "Blood Crazy"

Offline MommyOf2

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2011, 02:05:46 PM »
Go to Mark's Daily Apple and type in intermittent fasting.  If you can't find the articles, let me know!

Very interesting reads!

Offline MommyOf2

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 02:13:20 PM »

SidheDraoi
Here's a piece of the article!

Beyond insulin sensitivity, it appears that caloric restriction and intermittent fasting may “turn on” certain genes that repair specific tissues that would not otherwise be repaired in times of surplus. One could surmise that this adaptation serves to allow certain cells to live longer (as repaired cells) during famine since it’s energetically less expensive to repair a cell than to divide and create a new one. That might help explain some of the extended longevity seen in animal studies using caloric restriction and/or intermittent fasting (read about here, here, and here). Intermittent fasting has also been shown to reduce spontaneous cancers in animal studies, which could be due to a decrease in oxidative damage or an increase in immune response.

Offline JohnnyC

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2011, 02:19:07 PM »
i skipped stage 1 as i eat healthy as it is didnt want to start feeding myself bad food....   think its just what my body is used but i can break the cycle :)

Offline SidheDraoi

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2011, 02:35:15 PM »
great information, I will defiantly check daily apple for that article  :)

Offline MommyOf2

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2011, 03:08:37 PM »
Thanks Houmax, will look at those links now! 8)

Offline MommyOf2

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2011, 03:45:10 PM »
Johnny,
How did your day go today?

Hunger pangs?

Energy? ::)

Offline JohnnyC

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2011, 10:42:18 PM »
well this is morning stage 2 day 2 woke up not too hungery, thought i would be ravenous but im ok will give you a update later on today :)

Offline MommyOf2

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011, 06:13:56 AM »
Yea, I seem to wake up hungry, too.  I drink a lot of water right away and then it subsides.  I can't believe how much weight I'm losing.  I started this diet 6 days ago weighing 151 and today got on the scale not expecting to have any more weight loss this week and weighed 147. 

It's crazy! I'm still grazing on the almonds and 1 or 2 fruit but eating Paleo for dinner, not the junk food!

I walked yesterday and today I will do a Billy Blanks Tae Bo workout.

I ate a salad yesterday with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, ham slices, beef slices, carrots and cucumbers. Then a green tea!

Today for dinner, I think I'm going to eat scrambled eggs and bacon!  I'm in the mood for that!

I hope you have a good day....keep us posted!
 :o

Offline JohnnyC

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 10:57:14 PM »
hey quick update, yesterday was pretty hard but got there in the end had a weigh in and i lost 4lbs thats in 1.5 weeks since starting to eat the paleo way, had a bit of a reflection stage last night and have decided to go straight to stage 3 im actually a good weight for my height, just going to concentrate on my cardio/weights workouts and adhere to the paleo way of eating.

but thats me, mommy you keep going your doing great from what i have read !

Offline MommyOf2

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2011, 06:19:58 AM »
Hey Johnny,
Sounds great!  I'm so happy you have reached the point where you want to start phase 3. I can't wait to reach that point.  I haven't told anyone that I am doing this diet so you and the ppl on here are my only support.  I want to let my weight and my body change speak for itself.
Let me tell you, around 8:00 I'm ready to eat a chair I'm so hungry.  I couldn't believe it but I lost another pound.  So, now I'm 146.  My goal weight is 120.  I've lost 5 pounds in less than a week!  Goes to show how overweight I am! So, I still have a LONG way to go.  You look great in your pic.  Couldn't figure out why you were wanting to lose more weight. 
I did an easy workout yesterday, a little bit of weights and floor exercises.
I ate eggs and bacon yesterday....the bacon was SO yummy!  I'm so glad we can eat it.  Not sure what I will have today.  I'm taking my National and State Real Estate Exam tomorrow and I'm SO nervous.  I have a lot more studying to do today before I take it tomorrow.  So, I haven't given dinner much thought.  I'm sipping black coffee right now which I know is a no no but I need to be alert to study.  I will give it up after my test tomorrow!
Please keep me updated daily as I'm interested in your Caveman Journey!
Have a fantastic Paleo day!!!
 ;D :D ::) ;)

Iain

« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 06:31:20 AM »
5Lb, good going
 ;D

Best of luck for tomorrow.... or Today??? 14:30 here  :-\  ???

Offline JohnnyC

• Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2011, 08:05:49 AM »
I agree on the bacon haha, love the stuff, very big well done on losing the weight keep at it and i know you will reach your target the biggest thing is that you have proved you can do it you just need to build on that and keep the momentum going :)

I just want to lose the annoying belly fat i have picked up from too much beer and eating the wrong stuff ! but hopefully the toning stuff im doing will help me reach my goals of what i want to look like, i thought i would also post my weight and height 5'11 and 140lbs. keep going !!

Offline MommyOf2

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2011, 09:45:55 AM »
Thanks, Iain!!  I'll post tomorrow how it went!  It's either a pass or fail test!

;D