Newsletter Search Contact Rss Feed
November 28, 2010, 02:20:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Reply to this Message! Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Humorous Images  (Read 8217 times)
Seeker
Scout

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2008, 09:47:05 PM »

A thread for humorous images relating to health. Feel free to post any you find or create.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008, 03:57:17 PM by Matt Emery » Logged
Matt Emery
Administrator
Tribal Leader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 12:48:42 AM »

I have a feeling this thread is going to be good   Cool

"Be true to your biology"
Seeker
Scout

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 01:17:05 AM »

Matt Emery
Administrator
Tribal Leader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 01:52:20 AM »

And now... the funniest picture of all;

Bwahahaha... ridiculous, just, ridiculous.

Seeker
Scout

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 02:22:31 AM »

Unfortunately yes. The recommendation of 6-12 serves of breads and cereals is just ridiculous. Mmmm diabetes....it's what's for lunch.
Matt Emery
Administrator
Tribal Leader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 03:02:39 AM »

Unfortunately yes. The recommendation of 6-12 serves of breads and cereals is just ridiculous. Mmmm diabetes....it's what's for lunch.

I've always suspected that 'The Food Pyramid' is based on pragmatism, rather than nutrition - or a combination of the two.  In other words, they won't illustrate veges/meats in greater amounts because they tend to more expensive for the householder.

If my suspicion is correct, I would like them to make two (or more) unique pyramids; a 'Pragmatic Pyramid', and a 'Nutritional Pyramid'.

Phanatic
Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 04:55:22 AM »

The food pyramid is a joke. Why would I eat eggs fish and meat in moderation? I eat plenty of eggs and I'd bet I'm a whole lot healthier than most doctors. Ditch this crap.
Matt Emery
Administrator
Tribal Leader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2008, 05:18:36 PM »

Lone_woLf
Cub

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 09:36:12 AM »

This guy advertises here in the states, for Quaker Oatmeal, and he's the spokesman for Liberty Medical where he talks at length about his "diabeetus" medicine. Oatmeal rots your brain, too.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we’re liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

--Marianne Williamson
Lone_woLf
Cub

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2008, 09:38:49 AM »

... oh and by the way, it should say: "Eat your damned oatmeal."  Wink

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn’t serve the world. There’s nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we’re liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

--Marianne Williamson
Scott
Cub

Hurry to meet Death before your place is taken!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 04:35:53 AM »

The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.
firetrainer33
Cub

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 11:19:11 AM »

The food pyramid is a joke. Why would I eat eggs fish and meat in moderation? I eat plenty of eggs and I'd bet I'm a whole lot healthier than most doctors. Ditch this crap.

Are you refering to the doctors that 'smoke camels?' lol. These pics are blowing my mind, and we wonder why humans as a whole are having issues w/ diabetes, obesity, hypertemsion, etc.
SidheDraoi
Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 07:33:07 PM »

Grin 

"In War, Victory. in Peace, Vigilance. in Death, Sacrifice"

"When you take civilization away from man you don't have man without civilization, you have an entirely different animal" -Simon Clark's "Blood Crazy"

"Time is the king of men, he's both their parent, and he is their
     grave, and he gives them what he will, not what they crave."
     Pericles, Act II. sc.3. William Shakespeare

"We know what we are, but know not what we may be."  Hamlet,
     Act IV. Sc. 5. William Shakespeare
MrWinchell
Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2010, 08:16:08 PM »

You have to love the way they use the words light and active. Its almost like there trying to insinuate that cola provides the energy of youth while helping you lose weight. You also have to like the way they use sex appeal to draw you into the add.

* 2166080742_7439fdb872.jpg (110.67 KB, 382x500 - viewed 191 times.)

"Those who give up freedom for security, deserve neither"--Ben Franklin

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius

He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man. -- Samuel Johnson
houmax
Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2010, 02:47:39 AM »

Finders keepers...

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did, not screaming in terror like his passengers.
houmax
Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2010, 01:28:40 AM »

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did, not screaming in terror like his passengers.
mona
Cub

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 12:11:39 PM »

Weirdest Diets

http://www.oddee.com/item_96902.aspx
houmax
Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2010, 03:15:26 AM »

Spooky... Grin

Goddess of bread...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 03:37:15 AM by houmax » Logged

houmax
Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 12:38:29 AM »

Refine Sugar as health food???  Grin

houmax
Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 01:19:20 AM »

houmax
Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 04:06:12 AM »

Here's proof  Grin

TheBadgerFactor
Cub

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2010, 09:21:01 PM »

There's no food faster than a piece of fruit.
MrWinchell
Hunter

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2010, 12:10:50 PM »

Could a company get away with this add in America today?

* a-woman-can-open-it.jpg (93.89 KB, 492x716 - viewed 157 times.)

"Those who give up freedom for security, deserve neither"--Ben Franklin

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius

He who makes a beast of himself, gets rid of the pain of being a man. -- Samuel Johnson
COMA
Cub

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 11:19:46 AM »

The man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war, and afterward he turns his rifle in at the armory and believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle and the power the rifle proffered. The cold weight, the buttstock in the shoulder, the sexy slope and fall of the trigger guard. - Anthony Swofford...
COMA
Cub

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 11:23:43 AM »

You have to love the way they use the words light and active. Its almost like there trying to insinuate that cola provides the energy of youth while helping you lose weight. You also have to like the way they use sex appeal to draw you into the add.

It looks like she is letting the man look up her skirt on purpose her eyes say it all...

The man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war, and afterward he turns his rifle in at the armory and believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle and the power the rifle proffered. The cold weight, the buttstock in the shoulder, the sexy slope and fall of the trigger guard. - Anthony Swofford...
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

"As fit as a modern day athlete"
If you suspect that statement to be true, then you'll probably want to know why it could be true. Well, this is what I have devoted my life to finding out, and I want to share with you everything i've learnt, as well as learn from you!
Shut me up?