Foods to Embrace
- Meat, Birds (chicken) and Fish
- Eggs (from free range birds).
- Fruit (not too much though).
- Vegetables (especially root vegetables, but definitely not potatoes or sweet potatoes)
- Nuts, eg. Walnuts, Brazil Nuts, Macadamia, Almonds.
- Berries - strawberries, blueberries, raspberries etc.
- Root vegetables- carrots, turnips, parsnips, rutabagas, Swedes etc.
More about Food
- Oily deep sea fish
- A rich source of Omega 3 fats and proteins, your body absorbs these readily, and will love you for it.
- Coloured Vegetables
- The minerals and anti-oxidants can never be underestimated, they give you more vitality than anything else.
- Nuts and seeds.
- Unsalted, go for Walnuts or Almonds.
- Think of it as a food - the most important one. Drink lots of it, let your stomach be the guide on how much is 'lots'. If your urine is dark yellow, you are dehydrated. If it is clear to light yellow, you are good.
Carbohydrates require less water to digest than proteins or fats, so when you're cutting down on carbs and increasing your proteins or fats, be sure to adjust your intake of water accordingly.
Charles Darwin, in The Voyage of the Beagle, wrote:
The Gaucho in the Pampas, for months together, touches nothing but beef. But they eat, I observe, a very large proportion of fat, which is of a less animalized nature; and they particularly dislike dry meat, such as that of the Agouti. Dr. Richardson, also, has remarked, "that when people have fed for a long time solely upon lean animal food, the desire for fat becomes so insatiable, that they can consume a large quantity of unmixed and even oily fat without nausea:" this appears to me a curious physiological fact. It is, perhaps, from their meat regimen that the Gauchos, like other carnivorous animals, can abstain long from food. I was told that at Tandeel, some troops voluntarily pursued a party of Indians for three days, without eating or drinking."
In other words... you need to eat fat!
Click here for The Caveman Power Diet »
Modern Hybrid Caveman
This website is devoted to helping you (and me) achieve a better life by embracing the wisdoms of primal man.