"...from fatness to fitness,
and loving it!"
Stage Two - The Caveman Power Diet
If you have completed Stage One, your body will be getting used to your new eating patterns, and you are now ready for Stage Two.
What Stage Two aims to achieve
- Increase the fat burning process.
- Normalise insulin and blood sugar levels.
- Break any carbohydrate addictions.
- Reduce any bad cholesterol (LDL) in your system.
- Detox your system on a daily basis.
- Gently introduce your body to healthy foods, and help you to be instinctual with food.
How to do Stage Two
The process of getting in tune with your instincts has begun. So lets explore further, and take it to another level.
- How long to stay on Stage Two
- A minimum of 2 weeks, and a maximum of 8 weeks. You can actually do this stage for longer, but your goal should be to reach Stage Three in this time frame.
- Every Morning
- First thing upon waking - slam down a big cup of water. You will get that familiar 'brain rush' and your body will come to life rather quickly.
- Every Day
- Eat nothing... absolutely nothing. You will find this surpisingly easy after going through Stage One. Your body will be detoxing all day, which is great, so drink lots of water to help the process along.
- Every Night
- Feast on one meal of any size! Don't limit yourself to portions, let your stomach be the guide, and eat until you're full. Choose foods such as;
- Meat, Birds (chicken) and Fish
- Eggs (from free range birds).
- Fruit (not too much though).
- Vegetables (especially root vegetables, but definitely not potatoes or sweet potatoes)
- Nuts, eg. Walnuts, Brazil Nuts, Macadamia, Almonds.
- Berries - strawberries, blueberries, raspberries etc.
- Root vegetables- carrots, turnips, parsnips, rutabagas, swedes etc.
By this stage you are likely to be craving good foods - maybe not each day, but at least weekly you are likely to feel a strong desire for healthy nutritional food. The goal is to increase this desire for healthy foods.
Eating once a day allows you to detox for for the entire day, so you will really taste the before and after effects of eating food. This method quickly leads you to desire clean healthy food. This is a pyschological process that takes place without any willpower, it just happens. Are you desiring healthy foods?
- Your hunger will have become less intense, but your energy levels will have increased. Less food = more energy
- You may start to feel more sensitive to the smells, tastes, and effects of food. For example; the smell of a deep fryer will likely turn you off at times, and after eating starch or sugar you may notice the profound sedative effect it has on your body. This is because your blood sugar levels are becoming stable, and a burst of sugar or starch upsets that natural state which you have entered.
- You may feel more emotionally potent than usual. This is due to the fact you are not sedating yourself by overdosing on food, particularly starches and sugars.
- Your animal instincts are coming back. The mild famine you experience daily activates your body's natural instinct to hunt and gather, which means your senses are getting sharper and your mind clearer.
When to move on to Stage Three
The premise of Stage Two was to get you in tune with your body's instinctual craving for healthy foods, and to shed excess fat from your body. If you feel that you have acheived that, you are ready for Stage Three.