Fitness - Exercise Principles
The following principles are designed to work with your body to promote excellent fitness.
If you have any suggestions or comments please share them on the forum
Practise balancing on things (Eg. a rock, rope, or fence) and you will increase your ability to hold your body upright and deal with heavier loads. You will be amazed at the extra stability it gives you in everyday life - walking, sitting and standing will feel increasingly more comfortable.
Short bursts of intensity
Use your whole body, mind and spirit to pull or push some heavy weight. Put everything your made of into it. You only have to do this for a few seconds. Do that as frequently as you can in life.
Weekly, bi-weekly or even monthly - put your body through 4 hours of constant medium intensity exercise. This could be hiking, bike riding, or anything else that you can maintain for 4 hours without a significant break. This will help your body to return to it's natural state - after all, our species is designed to be constantly on the move. As a bonus, don't eat anything before or during your endurance session, you'll sweat out toxins so drink lots of water to help flush them out, you'll feel incredibly clean afterwards.
Your entire body as one muscle
Concentrate on your legs if you are pushing something with your arms, and concentrate on your arms if you are pushing something with your legs. Preferably, try and use your whole body - imagine yourself pushing a car along that has stalled, what a perfect exercise! Think of your body as one gigantic graceful muscle - moving in harmony.
- Evolving your body
- Favour short bursts of intensity over long and easy workouts. Your body will evolve to meet the challenge of intensity.
- Work with your body, not against it
- Favour exercises that work with the natural motion of of your skeleton. Avoid exercises that give you sore joints.
- Emotional Satisfaction
- Try and turn your exercise into a comfort time, just like comfort food. For example; hiking is great exercise, and it also nurtures the soul as you experience mother nature and eliminate the noise of modern society. Also, group activities; the joy of team spirit may be the emotional satisfaction that make exercise a wonderful experience for you. Be creative, personalise your very own satisfaction exercises, and only use the gym as a last resort.
- Playing cowboys and indians might be the key to your exercise fun, or maybe its challenging yourself to a rock climb, or an extra long walk. Whatever works for you is best. I encourage you to explore and discover all the ways you can appreciate your body as the miracle it is.